EM2WL Forums
What do you do for cardio??? - Printable Version

+- EM2WL Forums (http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com)
+-- Forum: Training (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Cardio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: What do you do for cardio??? (/showthread.php?tid=11472)

What do you do for cardio??? - Gemmybean - 06-23-2014 03:02 PM

Hi - just wondering what all you guys do for Cardio?? I'm currently training for a half marathon, so I'm predominately using running as my cardio, but I would love to change it up a little with something else

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - Kiki - 06-23-2014 04:17 PM

I do mostly do cardio that still includes some type of weighted object, lol...mainly anaerobic in nature: kettlebells, metabolic resistance training (MRT) or circuits, HIIT/Tabata, and sometimes kickboxing/boxing, & spinning big grin

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - AnitraSoto - 06-23-2014 05:24 PM

I do lots of hiking and some kettlebells ...

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - jaeone - 06-23-2014 09:22 PM

I usually do some HIIT DVDs that are usually 25-30 minutes long, ride my stationary bike or just a nice brisk walk both for no longer that 30 minutes.

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - SarahWeb - 06-24-2014 04:19 AM

kettlebells, running, tabata - all good fun!! maybe try swimming? tis a very good all round exercise?

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - Duchy - 06-24-2014 06:02 AM

I mix it up love spinning, TRX this week, swimming, just starting a bit of walking....HIIT once a week after weights. Oh and Zumba this week, my injured leg permitting

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - Gemmybean - 06-24-2014 03:37 PM

I think swimming might be good - or I've always wanted to give kickboxing a try so might try and find a class

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - Trishadams - 06-28-2014 09:09 AM

Howdy!! For cardio, I usually add 10-15 min finishers (i.e. MRT, hiit, sprints) on lifting days. happy For a 'cardio' day, I'll do the same but for more time or other anaerobic conditioning. I also sprinkle in spinning, kickboxing, heavy bag boxing as well. For light/moderate cardio I walk or take the bike out for a ride.

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - btatch - 12-11-2015 11:36 AM

Spin classes are great. I don't know what it is about spinning but its much more motivational to me than running and it's easier to push myself in a spin class rather than on the treadmill. So that's definitely one of my go-to's for cardio

RE: What do you do for cardio??? - DarrylSpiers - 12-31-2015 01:21 PM

I like to do so many exercises for cardio just like swimming, walking, jogging, and yoga etc. Cardio exercises is best for fitness and weight loss.