EM2WL Forums
Patience - Printable Version

+- EM2WL Forums (http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com)
+-- Forum: Training (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Motivation / Personal Journals (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Patience (/showthread.php?tid=11862)

Patience - AllyBlue77 - 12-28-2014 05:19 PM

yeah patience it is definitely a virtue and it's also one I don't have right now.
I feel like i want to hide in a cave with these 20 extra pounds....seems like everyday i get bigger....

Stomach isn't flatter at all, my thighs and legs are huge compared to before.
I know i should get out and buy clothes that fit me now, but i can't even face the thought of having to even put on my own clothes to go out to the mall and buy more clothes.

I am being a drama queen probably but i just feel like i am waiting for the magic to happen and what happens in between is just my life passing by and all i want to do is be in sweat pants and not move.

december 28th hitting a new low. i can't even look at myself in ANY mirror.
my skin feels like it's stretching and burning.
:-(

has/did that happened to you in your process? please share...
2014rambling

RE: Patience - jcm999 - 12-29-2014 06:20 PM

Hi AllyBlue77-
You are not alone in this. I have been resetting now for 11 weeks. At first I only gained 3 lbs, but on week 8 all hell broke loose, and as of today I am now up 12 lbs!! Nothing fits, and I am almost back to where I was two years ago before I tried to lose anything.

I can see it, I can feel it...I feel disgusting and mainly just want to cry. I am not sure what do do from here...keep resetting or do a small cut???

I wish I could be more positive, but at the very least, I feel better knowing that I am having the same experience and hope you feel the same. Hopefully one of the experts will respond to you with some suggestions....maybe our TDEE estimate is too high, and we will start to lose when we cut????

Good luck!!!

RE: Patience - AllyBlue77 - 12-30-2014 02:59 AM

(12-29-2014 06:20 PM)jcm999 Wrote:  Hi AllyBlue77-
You are not alone in this. I have been resetting now for 11 weeks. At first I only gained 3 lbs, but on week 8 all hell broke loose, and as of today I am now up 12 lbs!! Nothing fits, and I am almost back to where I was two years ago before I tried to lose anything.

I can see it, I can feel it...I feel disgusting and mainly just want to cry. I am not sure what do do from here...keep resetting or do a small cut???

I wish I could be more positive, but at the very least, I feel better knowing that I am having the same experience and hope you feel the same. Hopefully one of the experts will respond to you with some suggestions....maybe our TDEE estimate is too high, and we will start to lose when we cut????

Good luck!!!

YES!!!!! totally get you! im up 20 in total but i started gaining more and more towards the past month and a half!!!!
I am starting my 4th week of reset...... 12 lbs up (i was 10 pounds up when i started the reset) so i totally get the disgusting feeling. Are you working out? lifting?
I am, i guess on saturday i go to my trainer and we will see what he tells me about cutting although im sure he's going to say i still need to keep at it because realistically you don't want to go lower than 1200 cals a day. Some say that's really low but it all depends on how active you are...?
I can honestly tell you that 1200 is a struggle, i don't know how to fit all the food, im following a low GI diet and it's super healthy (50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat in grams to be exact it's 125 g carbs, 88 protein and 17 fat)
what plan are you following?
how do you deal with the disgusting feeling? i can't even get out there and shop for big lady clothes ! makes me cry. so i've been living in sweat pants for the last 4 months.

ughhhhhblushing

RE: Patience - mrsukyankee - 12-30-2014 06:07 AM

I didn't have to do a reset as I didn't do a low cal diet before this (compared to most - I was eating between 1600-1800 which was lower than I should be not too bad)...and it's been over 25 years since I dealt with my eating disorder so my memories of having to gain weight back is really not so strong. But I do remember that it freaked me out to gain weight. I do wish I had the info that is here on the forum and on the MFP website as it would have been helpful.

It might be worth it to re-read some of the info the women put on this website or on the MFP boards:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/521728/upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/993865/why-you-gain-weight-if-you-eat-more-than-your-cut
http://eatmore2weighless.com/reset-series-feel-control/
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=10138

RE: Patience - mrsukyankee - 01-01-2015 03:13 PM

Here's another that Jennbecca posted on the MFP site (not saying you have an eating disorder, but it's a good insight of moving from restriction to not):
http://eatmore2weighless.com/eating-disorder-recovery-a-reflection/

RE: Patience - AllyBlue77 - 01-03-2015 03:34 PM

(01-01-2015 03:13 PM)mrsukyankee Wrote:  Here's another that Jennbecca posted on the MFP site (not saying you have an eating disorder, but it's a good insight of moving from restriction to not):
http://eatmore2weighless.com/eating-disorder-recovery-a-reflection/

@mrsukyankee will definitely real all the links you left!
and yes, it is an eating disorder of sorts (to restrict food to a point where one messes up their health) im learning not to be scared of the label. it is what it is.

thanks for the links and the support every time!! i appreciate it.

RE: Patience - jcm999 - 01-07-2015 12:41 PM

Hi AllyBlue77-
Sorry for the late response. How am I dealing with feeling gross? Well, I am trying to focus on the positives (not easy for me): I can lift more, I am sleeping better, my feet are not popsicles, my body temperature was 95.6 when I started and is now usually around 98.4o. If I don't get my calories in, it drops to 97o. I still do not weigh as much as when I initially started my weight loss journey (by 2 lbs, LOL!), but I swear I am not as puffy as I was back then. My sister tells me that she didn't realize that I gained 22 lbs since I last saw her (and she wouldn't lie). I am trying to hold onto that. I have had two TOM's in two months. That has never happened in my entire life. As much as I hate TOM, the body is supposed to work that way. I will take that as a positive. I feel like I can focus better, and am not so zombie-like, and generally am in a better mood.

I never got rid of all of my original clothes, because I was afraid that I would re-gain what I lost. But I also broke down and bought one new pair of jeans...just so I could have something to wear. The clothes thing is hard. Stuff was just starting to look good on me, and now I am back where I was--having gained 22 of 24lbs back. I am also trying to hold onto the fact that I knew coming in that this would take awhile, I knew I would gain weight with the reset, I just have to give it time and believe. I gained 10 of these 22lbs while eating 1300 calories per day. Starving doesn't work either. I would rather be able to eat more, I like food.

I think if you bought one or two outfits that fit you now, you would feel better about yourself. There is more to you than your weight. Give yourself a break while you figure this stuff out. If this were easy, everyone would be skinny. And BTW, my sister is oddly thin since having her baby 3 years ago and frankly, she looks like $hit. She says so herself, and she looks terrible and she feels awful. Starvation is not the answer. Hang in there. I say this to you as if I know what I am talking about, but I am trying to convince myself of this as well happy.

RE: Patience - mrsukyankee - 01-07-2015 01:05 PM

Hi @jcm999 - you are definitely rocking this even if it doesn't always feel that way. Great sharing of your experience. I love how you are viewing this process. Keep it going!

RE: Patience - AllyBlue77 - 01-19-2015 09:14 PM

(01-07-2015 12:41 PM)jcm999 Wrote:  Hi AllyBlue77-
Sorry for the late response. How am I dealing with feeling gross? Well, I am trying to focus on the positives (not easy for me): I can lift more, I am sleeping better, my feet are not popsicles, my body temperature was 95.6 when I started and is now usually around 98.4o. If I don't get my calories in, it drops to 97o. I still do not weigh as much as when I initially started my weight loss journey (by 2 lbs, LOL!), but I swear I am not as puffy as I was back then. My sister tells me that she didn't realize that I gained 22 lbs since I last saw her (and she wouldn't lie). I am trying to hold onto that. I have had two TOM's in two months. That has never happened in my entire life. As much as I hate TOM, the body is supposed to work that way. I will take that as a positive. I feel like I can focus better, and am not so zombie-like, and generally am in a better mood.

I never got rid of all of my original clothes, because I was afraid that I would re-gain what I lost. But I also broke down and bought one new pair of jeans...just so I could have something to wear. The clothes thing is hard. Stuff was just starting to look good on me, and now I am back where I was--having gained 22 of 24lbs back. I am also trying to hold onto the fact that I knew coming in that this would take awhile, I knew I would gain weight with the reset, I just have to give it time and believe. I gained 10 of these 22lbs while eating 1300 calories per day. Starving doesn't work either. I would rather be able to eat more, I like food.

I think if you bought one or two outfits that fit you now, you would feel better about yourself. There is more to you than your weight. Give yourself a break while you figure this stuff out. If this were easy, everyone would be skinny. And BTW, my sister is oddly thin since having her baby 3 years ago and frankly, she looks like $hit. She says so herself, and she looks terrible and she feels awful. Starvation is not the answer. Hang in there. I say this to you as if I know what I am talking about, but I am trying to convince myself of this as well happy.

oh my, sorry for the late response! thank you.... I read your reply and it's like we are in the same exact situation.... :-)
I haven't bought any bigger clothes due to lack of funds... (money is scarce nowadays since i pay my PT soooo much LoOL) and i do still fit into one of my old "big jeans" now they fit like skinny jeans with muffin top included LOL

to continue with your comment about how you're almost at the weight in which you started but don't look as puffy, i have to agree with that too. I mean i definitely weight much more than i did when i started my crazy dieting BUT my body shape changed ... i mean im not as wide all around (i do have a rectangle figure) so im finding curves where i never had them. Muscle? yeah im training but i mean i don't look shredded ....by any means.... :-)

thank you, and how are you doing nowadays? do share :-)

(01-07-2015 01:05 PM)mrsukyankee Wrote:  Hi @jcm999 - you are definitely rocking this even if it doesn't always feel that way. Great sharing of your experience. I love how you are viewing this process. Keep it going!

I agree, she keeps my spirits up....:-)