EM2WL Forums
Getting ahead..... - Printable Version

+- EM2WL Forums (http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com)
+-- Forum: Training (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Motivation / Personal Journals (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Getting ahead..... (/showthread.php?tid=13706)

Getting ahead..... - ibtmas - 03-06-2017 06:03 AM

Hello em2wl fam!!!
I would start by saying that i would'nt be here without the help of em2wl fam! you people are amazing....you guys titally changed my mindset of eating more in fact eating what my body really needed to function....like other ppl i have too starved myself for years except 3 pregnencies when i also gained but then was able to reduce back starving myself and with tons of cardio.
I'm 5'7 and i was 74kgs when i started my reset in late October in 2016 with between 2400 to 2500 cals with 3x of fitness blender strength workouts and totally ditched cardio.I kept gaining weight so i reduced my cals to 2250-2300 (found that i am between light and moderate active) and maintained at the last 4 weeks of reset at 85kgs. i gained total 11kgs and was at 85kgs after 12 weeks of reset. my weight stabilized at 85kgs in the last 4 weeks of reset.
At the last wk of Jan 2017 i started my first cut at 10% but did nt see any results so after 2 weeks i went down to 15% cut at 1900. I saw one inch loss at my waist but that would come back the other day and also gained 1kg !! i completed next 2 weeks at 15% then went back to TDEE at 2300 for a week. This is my second week of 2nd cut at 1900 and again i have gained 1kg and am at 87kgs now. Am i doing something wrong or should i continue to see results? i have taken pics and can see some defination at my belly area during the reset and after the cut but the inches are the same and weight has gained. I think i wiuld not be able to progress further without your help and guidence. Thankyou for being herelovestruck

RE: Getting ahead..... - Tereza Toledo - 03-06-2017 09:50 AM

I am so happy to see you here! You did come a long way in your journey and even though you may not be seeing the results on the outside yet, things are changing on the inside!

Knowing that you are working out and take care of your kids, I always wonder if you really are in the light activity level, specially now that the weather gets warmer and you will surely spend more time outside with the kids. Tha being said, two weeks at a 10% cut is too short to see results. You would need 4 to 6 weeks at that level to see more. Remember, weight/fat loss is not linear and we are not looking for weight loss only. Anyone can lose weight by eating below BMR for a week (never recommended at all, not even for a day!), but that loss will be water and muscle and will be regained as soon as the person eats more cals or even will be regained if the person still undereats.

Go up a bit again, spend a week or two at TDEE (just to remind your body of what maintenance is), then drop 10% again. Stick to it for 6 weeks (you could go to 8) and then take a tdee break week before going lower again. Meanwhile, cut down on weigh-ins and bring out the measurement tape. Keep your protein at 30% or more and stay focused.

Spend time with your kids, enjoy the weather warming up and the time with them. Keep journaling here, put your feelings on the keyboard and carry-on.

RE: Getting ahead..... - Tereza Toledo - 03-06-2017 09:52 AM

This is a great thread with precious info on what to expect once you start cutting: http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=477

RE: Getting ahead..... - ibtmas - 03-06-2017 10:31 AM

(03-06-2017 09:52 AM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  This is a great thread with precious info on what to expect once you start cutting: http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=477

Your responce is wholeheartedly appreciatedlovestruck
Yes do have kids but are much bigger now (13, 10,6) so i dont have to chase them. i do cook for them and do some households but within the four walls of my single storey house so not much active as expected. Summers are usually at home too no outdoor activities speacially for women. Live in a conservative area where women are not seen outside home. Thats y i wotkout at home and try to keep myself active at home but most of the time i'm sitting with my cell phone or tvUndecided

RE: Getting ahead..... - Original_Beauty - 03-06-2017 08:33 PM

Welcome to the family and hello from Australia happy

I can not wait to see how your journey goes, my only advice is to take your time and enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your journey goes. Good luck!!! big grin

RE: Getting ahead..... - ibtmas - 03-06-2017 10:56 PM

(03-06-2017 08:33 PM)Original_Beauty Wrote:  Welcome to the family and hello from Australia happy

I can not wait to see how your journey goes, my only advice is to take your time and enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your journey goes. Good luck!!! big grin

Thankyou Original Beauty! i really want to give my body the time it wants i cant even think about going back to low caloriesnail biting I'm seeing my body starving at 1900 during my cut. I'll heal myself even with this weight put on me and i know eventually it will move in the right direction

RE: Getting ahead..... - Frosty - 03-07-2017 04:19 PM

Welcome! I wonder if maybe you just need a little longer time at "reset" in order for your body to trust, and be able to let go of weight?

RE: Getting ahead..... - ibtmas - 03-14-2017 10:10 AM

Cut 2
week 2
No change in inches, no change on the scale!
Leg workout done with 4kgs+
I dont know why but my cut is feeling like bulk to me

RE: Getting ahead..... - Tereza Toledo - 03-14-2017 01:21 PM

Stay the course, be consistent.
Have you taken pictures? I know we hate taking them, but they are important to gauge progress when it doesn't show on the scale or measuring tape. Stand straight, take front, back and side pictures. When building muscle sometimes we don't spot the changes right away and we don't pick where we lose fat and add muscle.

For taking measurements, this is a good guide: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tips-on-measuring/