EM2WL Forums
Going over TDEE and consistency question - Printable Version

+- EM2WL Forums (http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com)
+-- Forum: Nutrition (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: EM2WL Troubleshoot (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Metabolism Reset (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: Going over TDEE and consistency question (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Going over TDEE and consistency question - MeDoula - 08-19-2012 01:32 PM

The reset has been the hardest thing I've ever done (6 weeks in now) and a complete roller coaster of emotions. Many times I felt guilty and emotional over starving my body for so long which resulted in several binges (hundreds calories over TDEE). This turned to anger, guilt and shame.

I'm now doing much better emotionally. Guilt, anger and shame are subsiding but I still find myself challenged to sticking with my TDEE. Many days I'm still hungry by end of the night.

I know consistency is the key. I was always disciplined sticking to low cal diets. Why am I having such a hard time sticking with my TDEE? How likely is it that by eating over TDEE, I messed up the whole reset?

RE: Going over TDEE and consistency question - EvelynNoor - 08-19-2012 03:10 PM

You are not messing up your reset by going over TDEE. Better to go over than under. Worst case scenario you will put on a bit more weight, but your metabolism will thank it to you. Your body will know now that food will be coming in on a regular basis and will trust you. It is better to go a bit over than to stay under TDEE when doing the reset.
So don't worry, you have not done any damage.

RE: Going over TDEE and consistency question - CrystalFueled - 08-21-2012 06:06 PM

As Noor said, you will NOT mess up your reset by going over TDEE. Definitely better over than under. It is amazing to me that low calorie seemed easier sometimes, but now I find myself struggling to stay at my calorie level (I'm in cut phase now). I take it as a good sign. You have an appetite and are feeling hungry - signs that your metabolism is fired up! Another thought is to look over your food choices and see if you could substitute any filling foods in place of foods that are less satisfying. Perhaps that will help with satiety. Good luck!

RE: Going over TDEE and consistency question - Lucia - 08-21-2012 09:31 PM

Yes for me cut was so hard at first. I then realized I had to cut back on the calorie dense stuff...nuts, nut butters and cheeses and go with more volume. You have to keep the protein so don't cut back there.

RE: Going over TDEE and consistency question - jyska - 08-22-2012 05:43 PM

I agree with all of the above posters...using your time during a reset to stabilize your eating and your metabolism back to normal patterns is all part of the process. A metabolism reset is more than healing your metabolism, it's also about healing your emotions and the way you look at food and exercise. Once all the healing is done and your reset is complete, you go to cut and put everything you've learned into play because cut brings about some of it's own devils to purge for some people.