EM2WL Forums
Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! - Printable Version

+- EM2WL Forums (http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com)
+-- Forum: Nutrition (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Eat MORE? (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! (/showthread.php?tid=491)

Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! - ajmccracken11 - 04-23-2013 05:03 PM

Hi all,

I'm working my way up to what I think will be my maintenance (2200) and my BMR is about 1400. I'm starting NROLFW BEFORE I'm actually at my 2200 and starting reset. Will this affect me negatively, positively or not have much effect? I've read so many places here that you have to eat in ABOVE your TDEE to build muscle, so since I wouldn't be there yet am I wasting my time lifting? Also, once I hit my TDEE, I was planning on eating that for at least 8 weeks...I was not planning on "bulking" by eating more than that. Same question for this phase...if I'm not eating in excess of my TDEE will I not be building muscle by doing NROLFW? Or will I still be toning up even as my scale increases?

Thanks for your help! I'm a type A who just wants to at least start of doing exactly what is recommended and understand completely what the purpose of each thing I'm doing is. happy

Amber

RE: Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! - Kiki - 04-23-2013 08:50 PM

LOL. Amber. Honey. Breathe wink

Don't worry about bulk/cut cycles just yet, because until your body regulates, anything "extra" can already be considered a natural bulk. You don't have to plan it. Because you are eating a higher amount of cals than your body is used to, if your body sees is as "extra" it will go toward a good cause. Building muscle.

Bulk/cut cycles can come into play once your metabolism is regulated to your true maintenance levels.

You are NEVER wasting your time lifting. You are always either trying to build or preserve muscle, to keep metabolism high. Lifting, during every phase, assures that this happens. If you are newer to lifting, you will build muscle whether you are bulking specifically to do so or not.

So don't fret, jump right into lifting and don't look back big grin

You can thank me later wink

RE: Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! - ajmccracken11 - 04-24-2013 03:21 PM

(04-23-2013 08:50 PM)Kiki Wrote:  LOL. Amber. Honey. Breathe wink

Don't worry about bulk/cut cycles just yet, because until your body regulates, anything "extra" can already be considered a natural bulk. You don't have to plan it. Because you are eating a higher amount of cals than your body is used to, if your body sees is as "extra" it will go toward a good cause. Building muscle.

Bulk/cut cycles can come into play once your metabolism is regulated to your true maintenance levels.

You are NEVER wasting your time lifting. You are always either trying to build or preserve muscle, to keep metabolism high. Lifting, during every phase, assures that this happens. If you are newer to lifting, you will build muscle whether you are bulking specifically to do so or not.

So don't fret, jump right into lifting and don't look back big grin

You can thank me later wink

Ha! I'm already thanking you for finding this group in the first place!! happy And it's actually a good thing that I'm approaching this in such a methodical way after 15+ years of jumping in to any false promise headfirst before thinking about what negative effects it might actually have. Put some drops under my tongue and eat 600 calories a day? Okay! Stand on your head, count to 1,000 in a minute and you'll magically be a size 6. Okay! happy

I'm on the right road now thanks to you and Lucia...thank you thank you thank you! I can't wait to update you all on my progress and in the mean time, I'm sure I'll have more questions. Thanks again!

Amber