Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opinions wanted!
05-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Opinions wanted!
So, I'm looking to switch up my workouts a bit in a few weeks... the books I currently have are You Are Your Own Gym (women's version), Stronger, and Thinner Leaner Stronger...does anyone have a preference of one over the other? If you've tried any/all of them, I'd love to hear your thoughts on these programs! Thanks in advance! big grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2017, 08:25 AM
RE: Opinions wanted!
If you have access to some equipment (dumbbells, at least), I'd go for Strong. I love Alvin Cosgrove and Lou Schuller workouts. I love how the always give emphasis to lifting heavier. Doing NROWL was what changed everything for me, changed my working out and progress views (besides changing my body).

The other two are also excellent options, but I'm partial to working out with heavy stuff, happy

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
05-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Thanks Tereza! I forgot, I also have NROLFW...seems I've collected a lot of books...I need to actually start DOING these workouts! As soon as I'm recovered from my foot surgery, it's game on!!! Surgery is on May 26th...
05-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Hey Maggie! Thinking of you! It's funny how we end up forget the stuff we already have, lol. It took about 6 months from the day I bought NROWL to when I actually started doing it. I truly loved the mental and physical changes that happened during the program.

Team EM2WL
05-19-2017, 01:14 PM
I plan to use my time off being laid up from foot surgery to get a good new workout plan in place and re-read whichever book I choose to use. Does your opinion change now, Tereza, knowing I have New Rules of Lifting too? Keep in mind I will just be coming back from quite a few weeks off from lifting...and may need to swap out weight-bearing leg exercises for machines, at least during the initial recovery period.

And if anyone else has thoughts, I'd love to hear them, too! Thanks and Happy Friday!
05-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Maggie, Strong and NROLW follow similar guidelines. It will be up to you. In the end, the best workout is the one that you enjoy, does it make sense? Both can use substitutions and can be done at different fitness levels. Use the time off to check them and choose the one you like best.

Team EM2WL
05-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Thanks Tereza, that's a great idea. I am really looking forward to getting back into a good routine, although that's still a few weeks out, unfortunately. I haven't done any lifting for 2 weeks already, and the surgery hasn't even happened yet Sad Life got in the way, and truth be told, I'm just so damn bored by my same old routine...but it was all I could do while trying to heal this foot. I did keep up with my yoga classes though, so at least that's something...and something is always better than nothing! happy
05-20-2017, 11:19 PM
That's ok, Maggie. Life dies happen and you did the best you could with what you had! I did not go back into the all or nothing mentality, bravo!!! And kudos for keeping up with yoga.

Team EM2WL