Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
06-10-2015, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 09:31 AM by West.)
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
Time will tell......

Hope to keep a journal here because I know it ain't going to be easy and a long process but what have I got to lose after years of not getting anywhere with low calories?

Right, a bit of background info, (apologies if this is a bit long happy ) I had an under active thyroid that went undiagnosed for years when I was finally diagnosed I was really, really ill - had about every symptom going. Gained a lot of weight despite hardly eating anything as my appetite had completely gone and despite having very little energy I forced myself to exercise to try and shift the weight but it would not budge and so began my unhealthy relationship with food and exercise Sad

When on the correct medication the weight began to drop off, the appetite never returned and ate pretty much the same as before as well as doing the same amount of exercise and more. The weight loss became addictive, I couldn't stop......... My weight plummeted, lowest ever recorded weight was 36.2kg. I battled anorexia for just over 6 years when my periods returned in 2012. Then I went on a massive binge Sad I gained a hell of a lot of weight in a short period of time and it has been a yoyo ever since, 1200, 1400, 1600 calorie diets, I was what I think you refer to as a cardio bunny? I'd binge regularly. The scale would never budge much in the direction I wanted.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, a forum that I frequent posted a link to a blog by EM2WL. I was intrigued, could this work for me? It was only at the end of April that I decided to eat TDEE coming from roughly 1600 a day before that but TDEE then was about 2600. Some days I know I exceeded that figure. But since the 1 June (broke up from uni) so have a clear 4 month to give this my undivided attention. Started New rules for lifting for woman and recalculated TDEE using the book which nearly matches what my UP24 wristband suggests: Workout days 2242, non workout days 1978. I walk 6 miles everyday. So for the last week and a bit I have been eating what UP24 suggests.

Female

Weight on 1st June 72.8kg
Weight on 8th June 72.4kg

The new rules for lifting suggest eating this level for the first month and take it from there? Do you guys with a wealth of experience go with that? During reset and eating TDEE is it possible to change the composition of your body during this phase? I don't mind the scale staying the same along as my body changes are positive and that is coming from someone doesn't get on with scales I don't like weighing myself but beginning to understand it is crucial for finding TDEE. Last known weight was in March at 68kg.

Positives noticed so far - 7-8hrs sleep a night compared to about 4hr.

Welcome any advice happy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made..... - West - 06-10-2015 09:30 AM