Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly does "very low calorie" mean?
01-08-2017, 08:29 PM
What exactly does "very low calorie" mean?
I've been reading and rereading the Starter Kit and other materials, and perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see a clear definition of "very low calorie diet." I see references to people eating 1,000 calories or fewer per day, and that's obviously very low. But what about higher levels that are 300-500 above BMR, and close to TDEE at lower exercise levels?

I'm still on the fence about whether to do a full reset or start with a cut. I lost 75 pounds on WW between Feb 2015 and June 2016. I was aware that WW sets the calorie bar too low, so I made sure to eat all my weekly and exercise points, and more fat than WW suggests. So while I know I was "dieting," I was eating well above BMR.

Since June, I've held steady at 144-146 pounds, eating my MFP base of 1640 + half my extra exercise calories (not all of them because MFP double dips when calculating exercise). I haven't gone back through all those records, but if memory serves, most days were in the 1650-1800 range. I came to EM2WL Nov. 21, and am currently (3rd week) eating 2020-2040/day. I've gained 4 pounds, currently trending down.

I'd like to lose another 15 pounds, and I'd really like some feedback on whether doing a cut now would be counterproductive. Is there any reason in my situation that I shouldn't do the TDEE with 15% Cut suggested as an option?

Thank you!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What exactly does "very low calorie" mean? - sheilawrites - 01-08-2017 08:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hungry. Eat or stick to calorie limit? KatiAuchinleck 4 2,179 09-25-2015 08:54 AM
Last Post: f551fs8