Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
no timeframe
12-06-2014, 04:13 AM
no timeframe
i read somewhere in this site something about how you can't look at this way of eating as yet another diet, or desperately waiting to speed up a long and very overdue process to heal your body of the VLCD insanity and if you find yourself wanting to speed it up then the mind isn't fully here, not fully ready for the healthy change.

this is literally my first week of not "backing out" of eating more (more times a day for me and my metabolism issues caused by undereating and diets) and i have put on another 2.4 LBS.....

i am not freaking out so much, i mean i did kinda felt defeated and felt like there's something wrong with me and my body. my personal trainer does a body composition routine every 2 weeks and today was my day and up up up went the scale!
I know there's not timeframe and no set rules nor do I want to speed up the process, i mean Im feeling happier (not necessarily stoked about the weight gain, i still can't fit into 100% of my clothes) but overall im at peace that i am working to attain health and yes why not a nice slim yet muscle-y body :-) i can't help but think "what if this is a bunch of BS and my body is just messed up, what if i don't stop gaining?....maybe there's been reported cases where one person continued to gain weight forever and ever and ended up 450 tons :/

sometimes i think it might not work for me....(i know , positive thoughts but i have this little cloud over my head not letting me ride it out)

.....i will check back in two weeks...if im 450 tons i promise i will still post.

..ok i vented.

....*sigh*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 12:42 PM by LikeAGirl.)
RE: no timeframe
Morning Ally,

I promise you won't end up at 450 tons. If you are barely starting to eat at your TDEE, you are no where near the calorie consumption it would take to make it there wink

I think we all go through the mental process you are going through right now. Back and forth on if you are making the right decision. After all, it is just another thing that you found on the internet that is telling you the right way to eat to be healthy. And all the other diet gimmicks try to sell the same thing. Somewhere in the back of your mind though, you know this one makes more sense, or you wouldn't be willing to gain up to 450 tons to see if helps heal your body happy

It's posted all over the forums by a large number of members, but it is always worth repeating. It's worth it. Eating more is better. And you will be amazed at your mental shift when you finally get to that "spot". I started this over 16 months ago. I'm still going. Still working at fixing my body. I had other factors that didn't just make it a simple "metabolism fix", but my mental process during the whole experience is TONS different than it has ever been before. I'm okay with still being a little above my preferred weight. I'm okay with taking a break from cutting to eat at full TDEE when I start to feel a little run down or fatigued. I'm okay with skipping workouts because I just know that my body needs a break. I'm not okay with eating anything less than 1800 calories which would have been my max amount before, not my min.

Keep reading the forums. Ask questions if you need to. And just work on getting your calories. You'll find your sweet spot and it will all be ok. And you won't be any where near 450 Tons. Promise happy

Rhoda
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey

Through all your journey you're going to have doubts. Even after you start seeing progress you'll have doubts. That's one of the things it will take more time to change, our mentalities instead of out bodies. In any case, you won't get to 450 tons unless you eat that much.

It will take time though. But I think it's worth it if you feel fine with it. We need to eat to feel good. Most of us ate tou little or too much before trying this, and that's why figuring TDEE and working by it is so helpful. But at the end is just you feeling good with yourself and eventually your body will match that feeling.

It's obviously fine to rant and have questions xD I still doubt all this myself, even after losing 12kg. That's why we have this group, right? To have some kind of extra support.
12-07-2014, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 12:38 AM by AllyBlue77.)
(12-06-2014 07:39 PM)Nadoriel Wrote:  Hey

Through all your journey you're going to have doubts. Even after you start seeing progress you'll have doubts. That's one of the things it will take more time to change, our mentalities instead of out bodies. In any case, you won't get to 450 tons unless you eat that much.

It will take time though. But I think it's worth it if you feel fine with it. We need to eat to feel good. Most of us ate tou little or too much before trying this, and that's why figuring TDEE and working by it is so helpful. But at the end is just you feeling good with yourself and eventually your body will match that feeling.

It's obviously fine to rant and have questions xD I still doubt all this myself, even after losing 12kg. That's why we have this group, right? To have some kind of extra support.

Yes! thank you....im so glad glad glad someone told me about this...it's really great to have this kind of support form people who know what this is about :-)
....keeping it steady this week as far as my eating, don't care clothes don't fit....it will all be good in the end, right?

(12-06-2014 12:42 PM)LikeAGirl Wrote:  Morning Ally,

I promise you won't end up at 450 tons. If you are barely starting to eat at your TDEE, you are no where near the calorie consumption it would take to make it there wink

I think we all go through the mental process you are going through right now. Back and forth on if you are making the right decision. After all, it is just another thing that you found on the internet that is telling you the right way to eat to be healthy. And all the other diet gimmicks try to sell the same thing. Somewhere in the back of your mind though, you know this one makes more sense, or you wouldn't be willing to gain up to 450 tons to see if helps heal your body happy

It's posted all over the forums by a large number of members, but it is always worth repeating. It's worth it. Eating more is better. And you will be amazed at your mental shift when you finally get to that "spot". I started this over 16 months ago. I'm still going. Still working at fixing my body. I had other factors that didn't just make it a simple "metabolism fix", but my mental process during the whole experience is TONS different than it has ever been before. I'm okay with still being a little above my preferred weight. I'm okay with taking a break from cutting to eat at full TDEE when I start to feel a little run down or fatigued. I'm okay with skipping workouts because I just know that my body needs a break. I'm not okay with eating anything less than 1800 calories which would have been my max amount before, not my min.

Keep reading the forums. Ask questions if you need to. And just work on getting your calories. You'll find your sweet spot and it will all be ok. And you won't be any where near 450 Tons. Promise happy

Rhoda

Rhoda, thanks for the reply... I will refer back to this post in two weeks before my "body check up" LOL

you are great!! thanks thanks thanks
12-07-2014, 12:40 AM
(12-06-2014 12:42 PM)LikeAGirl Wrote:  Morning Ally,

Rhoda

i think i might have replied to you in the wrong place??!