Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to Eat! Today is my day!
09-28-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Time to Eat! Today is my day!
(09-28-2015 10:30 AM)KatiAuchinleck Wrote:  How do you do with team challenges? Have you done the Game of Thrones challenge on MFP? I believe that a new one is starting mid October. I did the last one and it was great! Very demanding but excellent for motivation. As long as you exercise regularly it can fit into a regular exercise regime quite nicely.

I've never done one. Interesting.
Tell me more..

Another one....8 glasses of water a day?
gotta come up with something we struggle with....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2015, 11:03 PM
How about something more mental based like finding 10 things to be thankful for now that you're fueling your body? Or working towards a PR on an exercise....
09-29-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 10:56 AM by KatiAuchinleck.)
The next Game of Thrones challenge begins on October 11th. While the "story line" is based on GoT, no knowledge about the show is required. I still have NO Idea what it is about!

Each week, the story line is posted with exercise requirements and challenge based off of it. For example: "story, blah, blah, blah...more story....blah, blah, princess whosamawazit brings the wrath of the storm...blah, blah."

Then it will say what you need to do for the week in this format:
Cardio: 60 minutes
Strength: 100 minutes
Flex: 40 minutes

Followed by a decree/challenge of some sort: since Princess W. brought the wrath of the storm, 30 minutes of your cardio must be done near or on water. Or a challenge may be to try a new kind of exercise.

It was fun and I couldn't STAND to let down my fellow team mates so I always got my numbers in. It is VERY important that you get your time in or the entire team could be defeated.

On the plus side, if you find you are having a busy week, you can always declare yourself "OUT" for the week by Wednesday. This doesn't affect the team in any way. Then you can come back the following week.

What do you think?

(09-28-2015 11:03 PM)MaryJo Wrote:  How about something more mental based like finding 10 things to be thankful for now that you're fueling your body? Or working towards a PR on an exercise....

These are great ideas, Mary Jo! Thanks! I must admit, I always feel like I'm "cheating" when I do a mental challenge. Silly, I know.
09-29-2015, 03:09 PM
(09-29-2015 10:55 AM)KatiAuchinleck Wrote:  The next Game of Thrones challenge begins on October 11th. While the "story line" is based on GoT, no knowledge about the show is required. I still have NO Idea what it is about!

Each week, the story line is posted with exercise requirements and challenge based off of it. For example: "story, blah, blah, blah...more story....blah, blah, princess whosamawazit brings the wrath of the storm...blah, blah."

Then it will say what you need to do for the week in this format:
Cardio: 60 minutes
Strength: 100 minutes
Flex: 40 minutes

Followed by a decree/challenge of some sort: since Princess W. brought the wrath of the storm, 30 minutes of your cardio must be done near or on water. Or a challenge may be to try a new kind of exercise.

It was fun and I couldn't STAND to let down my fellow team mates so I always got my numbers in. It is VERY important that you get your time in or the entire team could be defeated.

On the plus side, if you find you are having a busy week, you can always declare yourself "OUT" for the week by Wednesday. This doesn't affect the team in any way. Then you can come back the following week.

What do you think?

(09-28-2015 11:03 PM)MaryJo Wrote:  How about something more mental based like finding 10 things to be thankful for now that you're fueling your body? Or working towards a PR on an exercise....

These are great ideas, Mary Jo! Thanks! I must admit, I always feel like I'm "cheating" when I do a mental challenge. Silly, I know.

I think I'm going to pass on that challenge....but don't let it stop you--if you'd rather do that one, vs the one we are doing-by all means do what works for you girl! I'll support ya! :-)
09-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Good Morning. I'm continuing my plank challenge. Boy those are tough!!

Yesterday I weighed in at 210.6, today 210.0 praying my body adjusts to going back down to my low point of 209.2. Even lower would be nice. :-)

Today I did the upper body of EM2WL strength training of Phase 2. Chest and arms are shaking! I did a few other things too-so that probably contributed to it. :-)

Been hitting my protein goals- Mid range...Monday was 135 and yesterday was 136 (my daily goal is 115 to 156)
09-30-2015, 10:11 AM
Way to go! I lost 2 pounds overnight. You just never know what each day will bring!

Keep up the great work. You know, after I typed out that challenge, I thought about it. I might be too busy to keep up with that this fall. Let's do our own for October if that's still okay with you.
09-30-2015, 10:16 AM
(09-30-2015 10:11 AM)KatiAuchinleck Wrote:  Way to go! I lost 2 pounds overnight. You just never know what each day will bring!

Keep up the great work. You know, after I typed out that challenge, I thought about it. I might be too busy to keep up with that this fall. Let's do our own for October if that's still okay with you.

WAY TO GO KATI!!!! 2lbs That's fantastic!!! AWESOME!!! applause applause partythumbs up SO happy for you!!!! Its working--I saw EM2WL fb post today --its all about being patient and stuff...hits home! You have to give your body time!!!

In regards to the challenge, that's funny, those were my exact thoughts when I was reading that - like 'whew--that's way too much'.. hee hee!

Yes, I'm game with doing our challenge still. :-)
09-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Great! I like Mary Jo's idea of some mental changes as well. Which one do you want to start with next Week?
09-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Let's start with flexing/stretching....how long do we do these?
09-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Let's start out with something attainable: 10-15 minutes 3-4 times a week?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Stronger together! Time to #crushthedietmentality Tereza Toledo 0 2,006 09-04-2017 04:46 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
Wink It's MY time to change....finally Jdnara 31 26,569 05-04-2016 09:03 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Taking my time through this process Mara1 84 70,235 09-09-2015 05:31 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  1st time bulking Ch33ky83 12 16,393 07-09-2013 07:33 AM
Last Post: Ch33ky83
  STS first time Crocatilla 8 10,482 02-08-2013 07:22 PM
Last Post: woodsygirl