Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Woodsygirl's muscle madness journal ;)
12-05-2012, 02:30 AM
RE: Woodsygirl's muscle madness journal ;)
Woodysgirl that is a cracker!! i don't know what was funnier the hotties fit chicks or the convict guy LOL Maybe he thought he should get all that out in the open upfront, that way when you find out once you start working out with him you won't freak out ROFL tongue

Glad you shared your self consciousness regarding weights! Today there were about 7 or 8 blokes in the weights room, no other girls in the gym at all not even in the cardio area!!
I felt kind of cool at first, then as i saw these guys lifting massive weights and lifting their bodies up, hanging down while holding themselves for like 1 minute or so!! I started to feel like a try hard!
But then a few of them smiled at me as i carried my weights around or nodded and i started to feel like, ok maybe they don't see me as a wimp LOL maybe that is just me judging me LOL

It's nice to know you have your own issues with the weight room from time to time happy

Lucia that is a really nice compliment! Though i can understand you feeling a bit self conscious with him gawking rofl rofl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 10:09 AM
LOL. Convict conditioning!

It can be really intimidating when you're first starting to move iron around, but I guarantee you that most, if not all, people are doing their own thing and are not watching you. I generally wear headphones so that no one thinks I want to have a conversation, too. I'm there to lift, not to socialize and chit chat. happy
Eventually, you will lose your self-consciousness, I swear. Fake it til you make it.
12-08-2012, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 03:14 PM by momofmyfivekids.)
Love your journal!!! You have made some very great progress...and I would agree dumping Godiva is a criminal offense FOR REAL!!!! But I totally get it!

Time to ditch the scale and pick up the barbell!!!
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
A totally boring journal post, but alas, I feel drawn to post just to keep myself in line.

I am on the final round of NROL4W again, this is not my favorite section but I enjoy it. It is really hard and today I really pushed it and then felt a little sick. I'm not sure why pushing myself makes me sick, it's like a pain response. One time, I ended up getting sick in a yoga class so it's not overexertion! wink I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when i'm finished the program (again). I could probably go through it again (I have made changes/subsitutions to some things so it really is like my own program these days). I enjoy the gains, but I could use something different.

I have been really hungry lately, I have been eating over 2000 calories for the past few days. I stepped on the scale today and it had me at 145, which is about where I have been for the past 2 weeks so i'm not really bothered by eating so much lately. I would love to drop 3 lbs before the end of the year (so 1 lb a week) so that I could finish this year lighter than I started it (even with all my strength gains).

I took my kids to a karate class on Saturday and the place also offers something called "cage fitness" which is a non-contact MMA style fitness class and they also offer at MMA class. I'm really tempted to just try it to see if I like it. I have an adversion to classes, I have been going to my gym for over 2 years now and I have never taken a class. I have a real problem pushing myself based on someone else saying to, i'm stubborn like that. If someone tells me to take a left, I'll take a right just to bug them. ;/ Terrible isn't it? I see the same tendencies in my kids and i'm starting to worry wink

Tommorow is the last day of our homeschool co-op until March. I will be relieved to have a break, I teach a bug class, do Lego club and then 2 classes of pre-school. It is exhausting!
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I absolutely love MMA... That sounds like fun!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Have you considered just NROL (not 4W)? I did that program before, it's quite good.

MMA is FUN. So is boxing. When I move back to Michigan this summer, I'm totally joining a boxing club so I can hit stuff. It's very cathartic!

happy
12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
(12-10-2012 09:06 AM)tinakinsley Wrote:  Have you considered just NROL (not 4W)? I did that program before, it's quite good.

MMA is FUN. So is boxing. When I move back to Michigan this summer, I'm totally joining a boxing club so I can hit stuff. It's very cathartic!

happy

Lol... Maybe I need to find a boxing gym... I'd love to hit stuff sometimes myself.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm going to ask them about coming to the MMA class tonight and trying it out. I'll let you guys know if I break any bones (or anyone else's!)
12-12-2012, 02:38 AM
I did it, went to the class. That is actually a huge step for me because of my social phobia. Let me just say, going into the weight room is easy compared to laying on a sweaty young man and rolling around on him. Yes, it was quite embarrassing, but I got over it. The worst thing of course was when one of the guys was practicing (imagine wrestling...) with me and was trying to teach me to pin his arm. I was really trying to pin/break/do SOMETHING and putting all my effort into it. I looked at my partner and said "do you even feel anything" and he answered "not really". Talk about a blow to a girls esteem ;( I really wanted to at least see him wince! The warm up did cause me to break out in a sweat, so that was good. I always hate being the new person and not having any idea what you're doing during warm-ups. I did a lot of laying down and holding up one arm and leg and trying to basically get up in different positions. My calves hurt, i'll probably wake up with a charlie-horse. ;/

Tommorow is the start of vacation for 3 days, we are traveling to a Great Wolf Lodge. I actually like those indoor water parks, germs aside. The only bad thing about vacation? My TOM was supposed to show up last week, but yes, you guessed it, it showed up yesterday... bummer!
12-12-2012, 03:20 AM
hahaha your partner sounds like a classic!! It's ok partner up with him again in a month or so wink

Enjoy your vacation!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 3,369 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Anjacina's Journal Anjacina 11 6,165 03-23-2018 08:10 AM
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 73 37,437 01-31-2018 02:21 PM
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 99 60,331 12-30-2017 11:07 AM
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 326 167,854 12-04-2017 12:38 PM
Last Post: MaggieG123
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 17,198 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 28,235 04-17-2017 06:56 AM