Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Diet Break
07-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Diet Break
Is anyone else doing just a diet break and not a full reset right now?

I am on day 4 of a diet break and so far it is going well. The scale is still pretty much maintaining BUT I am down a 1/2 inch in my waist despite feeling bloated.

I almost didn't do this because it's bathing suit season and I already look ginormous in my suit BUT then I realized I am worth this. What is 2 weeks out of my life? By next summer I will look fantastic. And I wasn't losing anyway, I was just spinning my wheels with the scale staying the same weight. Well now I am eating 500 MORE cals and still maintaining. I can't wait to be at my goal and get to eat this much for life!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Diet Break
Awesome, that you lost around your waist.
And you are absolutely right-what are two weeks? It's for the rest of our lives happy
Enjoy to eat.
I am eating 2600 right now and I don't really know what to leave when I cut
Yes, you will look fantastic next summer.
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I take one every 4 weeks when cutting. But I'm maintaining right now, so...no, lol.. tongue

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2012, 04:23 PM
(07-13-2012 03:54 PM)Kiki Wrote:  I take one every 4 weeks when cutting. But I'm maintaining right now, so...no, lol.. tongue

Honestly, now that I am eating this much more I really don't know how I was just eating 1850 LOL. And when I started eating 1850 I thought that was a ton of food. It's only been 4 days and I will be said when I have to give up some food.

But I think what you are doing kiki is maybe the route I will go. 4 weeks cut 1 week break or 2 weeks break. I think it will help me to keep my head in the game and it will make cutting a lot easier knowing that it's only for 4 weeks.
07-15-2012, 03:01 AM
I think I might be better off doing a diet break instead of a full reset, but am still a bit on the fence on that respect. I finished my first week on TDEE with no significant bloating or weight changes. Using my phone app, which calculates a trendline based on a 7-day weighed average, I'm trending down with 0,1 kg per week now.
So:
* either I'm on the money, have found my stable point, and can start cutting again
* or I underestimated my activity level and am in fact not eating TDEE right now, which means I should continue the reset on a higher calorie level.

Oh, the insecurity! wink
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
07-15-2012, 10:47 AM
(07-13-2012 04:23 PM)HeidiHoMom Wrote:  
(07-13-2012 03:54 PM)Kiki Wrote:  I take one every 4 weeks when cutting. But I'm maintaining right now, so...no, lol.. tongue

Honestly, now that I am eating this much more I really don't know how I was just eating 1850 LOL. And when I started eating 1850 I thought that was a ton of food. It's only been 4 days and I will be said when I have to give up some food.

But I think what you are doing kiki is maybe the route I will go. 4 weeks cut 1 week break or 2 weeks break. I think it will help me to keep my head in the game and it will make cutting a lot easier knowing that it's only for 4 weeks.

Yep, because I take more frequent breaks I do one week every 4, rather than 2 every 6-10. Those four weeks fly by and give me something to look forward to, and my body never adapts to my cutting cals. wink

Quote:I think I might be better off doing a diet break instead of a full reset, but am still a bit on the fence on that respect. I finished my first week on TDEE with no significant bloating or weight changes. Using my phone app, which calculates a trendline based on a 7-day weighed average, I'm trending down with 0,1 kg per week now.
So:
* either I'm on the money, have found my stable point, and can start cutting again
* or I underestimated my activity level and am in fact not eating TDEE right now, which means I should continue the reset on a higher calorie level.

Oh, the insecurity! Wink
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

When I first upped my cals, (not an abundance of calcs online then, lol) I would keep upping until I gained, lol. When the gain actually stuck, then I knew I'd hit my limit. I did that repeatedly until getting to the level of cals that I wanted to be at. I wrote a bit about how I did it here:
http://eatmore2weighless.com/finding-tde...alculator/

But I don't recommend that method unless you are NOT afraid of eating more. LOL. I was determined to eat as much as possible, and raise my BMR through eating more and lifting heavy. I'm so short that I couldn't stand the numbers that calcs were giving me, and I knew I would want to sustain my weight on a higher allowance.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

07-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Cutting 15% will leave me with 2050, which I am quite happy with for now. I can always try to get the level up later, right?
I'm just happy with my current progress in my workouts/lifting. Any weight loss is a nice bonus (although it's a long term goal to end in the green bit of the BMI scale).
07-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Sounds good to me wink Love your attitude!

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm doing a diet break at the moment too. I ate at my cut level for about 10 to 11 weeks. Last week I ate at cut but without my activity as I was ill so I figured that's like a 'break' week and since Friday I've upped to my 2050 TDEE number. However I went over by about 300 on Saturday ooops!

I think I'm going to carry on at this number until Sunday - nice way to end the week and my body won't mind 17 days rather than 14 will it happy Then back to 1750 on Monday. Although I am pretty tempted to go with a 10% rather than 15% cut. We'll see.

I want to do a break more often so think I'll do 5 or 6 weeks cut followed by 1 week TDEE. I'm a bit scared that with 2 weeks at TDEE I'll want to stay there! I'm trying to add my calories with less bulky items like olive oil and spiced nuts (rather than plain nuts) so that I don't get used to the extra volume then end up starving next week.
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Today is one week after my diet break and I have not lost anything. Still stuck at the same number I have been at since June.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Long break :) Gemmybean 3 3,114 05-04-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: Gemmybean
  Why is it necessary to do a TDEE break Ricjos0101 8 8,557 10-02-2012 10:41 AM
Last Post: MrsVtec