Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi new to forum, would you mind checking my stats
06-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Wink Hi new to forum, would you mind checking my stats
Hi
I've read before about your group and have taken the plunge to join in!
I'm 44 female, 5.6", 143 pounds,
I joined MFP in Sept last year and have lost 11 pounds, very slow weight loss and hit plateau for about 4-5 months . Total loss of 3" round waist (would like to loose another 2 inches) and 1.5" from chest. just 1" loss from hips...although my clothes are getting looser. I introduced weights about 4 weeks ago.
I currently eat static 1700 cals (ish - normally pretty good) a day
after reading this I think maybe I should eat more after reading more information on your website today.
I have a desk job 3 days a week and my normal exercise regime is:
MON - weights 35-40 mins (I lift to max I can and increase when gets easier followed by spinning or 20 mins HIIT
TUES - jog - 40 mins - just started that
WED - weights 35-40 mins, 20 mins HIIT, 1.5-2 hour trek (hard walking on the coast which is steps, very hilly) - sometimes Zumba if I feel up to it
THU - weights 35-40 mins, HIIT, 2 hour trek
FRI - rest normally
SAT/SUN....will squeeze in 1 hour walk, or spinning class, or swim...sometimes rest just depending on whats going on with family
I do exercise over 7 hours a week and am just starting to train for a triathlon and also a 26 miles walk so need the cardio training but also the weights to tone!
according to Scooby workshop my BMR is 1379 and TDEE is 2227 with fat loss and 15% reduction with 7+hours strenuous exercise...do you think that sounds right? It just seems very high?
I'd like to just loose my last 7 pounds
sorry for length of thread and hope you don't mind just checking the figures for me...thanks big grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 02:31 PM by Kiki.)
RE: Hi new to forum, would you mind checking my stats
Whew, girl! I'm tired just reading all that tongue

I understand why you have to do it all, but WOW! LOL

The cals sound right for the amount of exercise that you're doing, but I will say that you may have to choose between your goals. At least for now. Since you are training for your tri, it would likely be best to start there, and then when it is complete, focus on gaining muscle definition/hardness.

Not sure if you've ever watched my video series on "Results", but I go into much more detail there on why it's best to focus on one goal at a time. If participating in such a phenomenal event such as a triathlon is important to you, then you really should give it your all wink Eating at TDEE would be most ideal, for all of your training, so that you can reap the full benefits of fueling properly. Then once the tri is over, you can drop back to cut and lean out nicely.

Here's the vid I mentioned

And the rest of the series:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73DD16377915F4A9

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 05:03 AM
(06-10-2013 02:30 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Whew, girl! I'm tired just reading all that tongue

I understand why you have to do it all, but WOW! LOL

The cals sound right for the amount of exercise that you're doing, but I will say that you may have to choose between your goals. At least for now. Since you are training for your tri, it would likely be best to start there, and then when it is complete, focus on gaining muscle definition/hardness.

Not sure if you've ever watched my video series on "Results", but I go into much more detail there on why it's best to focus on one goal at a time. If participating in such a phenomenal event such as a triathlon is important to you, then you really should give it your all wink Eating at TDEE would be most ideal, for all of your training, so that you can reap the full benefits of fueling properly. Then once the tri is over, you can drop back to cut and lean out nicely.

Here's the vid I mentioned

And the rest of the series:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73DD16377915F4A9

Thanks Kiki for replying so quickly angel
yeah that makes sense to have one goal in mind. I'm thinking the first goal I came to was to loose weight, well fat really. I'd like ultimately to tone up (which is happening) and loose fat and these last 2-3 inches from my waist. I think this is my first goal, I can then concentrate on a tri....I entered as a few of us are thinking of doing it but it's not until October so can I concentrate on the fat loss/toning for the next say 6 weeks and then reassess my goals then?
That being the case is my exercise regime ok as it it? I'm happy with the coastal walks as I enjoy them (we live in a stunning part of the English coast!)
so up my cals from 1700 standard and move up to the 2200? does that make sense?
thank you so much in advance big grin
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Sounds, like a much better plan. big grin

If fat loss is your goal, then a 10-15% cut, sufficient protein/water, and 3 days lifting/2-3days cardio should be plenty. Start slow on the cardio, so that you have a trump card as you hit closer to goal fat %, and closer to tri time.

Remember that the food will do 80-90% of the work, so while doing things that you enjoy (such as the relaxing walks) are highly recommend, steer clear of trying to force your workouts to do what can be done with proper eating wink With a higher cal goal, we typically have plenty of room to hit our macros goals, and still have treats.

As you zero in on goal, cut % should begin to close in (we need smaller deficit as we near goal), then you want to maintain there for a month or so, slowly moving back to maintenance.

If you choose to go with a heavier schedule than what I've mentioned, just be sure to fuel accordingly wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
(06-11-2013 01:43 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Sounds, like a much better plan. big grin

If fat loss is your goal, then a 10-15% cut, sufficient protein/water, and 3 days lifting/2-3days cardio should be plenty. Start slow on the cardio, so that you have a trump card as you hit closer to goal fat %, and closer to tri time.

Remember that the food will do 80-90% of the work, so while doing things that you enjoy (such as the relaxing walks) are highly recommend, steer clear of trying to force your workouts to do what can be done with proper eating wink With a higher cal goal, we typically have plenty of room to hit our macros goals, and still have treats.

As you zero in on goal, cut % should begin to close in (we need smaller deficit as we near goal), then you want to maintain there for a month or so, slowly moving back to maintenance.

If you choose to go with a heavier schedule than what I've mentioned, just be sure to fuel accordingly wink

Thanks Kiki, much appreciated....i'll follow that plan with maybe extra cardio but fuel accordingly and up from 1700 cals, which was a struggle with the regime I've been doing
you're a star thanks applause

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A noob in the forum ti_na_kano 30 30,399 11-10-2016 12:18 PM
Last Post: jaeone
  New to the forum and EM2WL PaulaB 8 9,461 07-13-2016 08:15 PM
Last Post: hannah77
  Checking In/Lifting Question petstorekitty 3 4,648 10-05-2015 04:01 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  New to the Forum LadyIce 5 6,523 09-28-2015 08:32 PM