Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
significant gain in weight and inches
11-08-2013, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 05:23 PM by runnermom85.)
significant gain in weight and inches
I did my reset during the months of July/August (gained) 10lbs. Sept, lost 4lbs, doing cardio and body weight strength training (pushups, air squats, etc) 4-5 days/week for about 45 min. In October, I added in NROLFW and just completed my 4th week doing 2 workouts/week...I still my HIIT cardio/bw stregnth routine 3 days per week (lift-m/w and HIIT t/th/sat, rest on f/sun).

I decided back in October that I would try to go a month without weighing. Well, I made it 3 weeks and when I stepped on the scale Tues, I was horrified to see I had gained 4lbs...so I decided to weigh again today, thinking it would have gone down, and holy cow--it went UP 3lbs MORE!!!). So, now, I'm sitting at 13lbs above my baseline and 3lbs above what I gained during reset (and now 20lbs from where I want to be...found EM2WL while attempting to lost the last 10lbs). I know that the scale isn't the most important thing, so I decided to measure...and all my measurements are UP TOO (about 1/2-1 inch everywhere). I had a feeling that was the case because all of my clothes have been feeling tight.

My TDEE is 2300 based on my BFM. I had been eating 1800 cal/day (15% cut based on scooby) during Sept, but when I started NROLFW, I decided to up it to 2050 (10% cut) because I was so hungry and because I had my BFM #s! I'm thinking I should maybe go back down to 1800?

Also, at the beginning of stage one NROLFW, I started with lifting just the bar during squats and am already up to the bar plus 50lbs, so I am pushing myself pretty hard (and am definitely sore after workouts). So, I know my muscles are holding water, but should they be holding that much? And, why is my waist gaining inches too?!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: significant gain in weight and inches
Your muscles hold water which will make your measurements as well as weight go up. Next time you weigh and measure, do it during a rest week, weigh at the end of the week for truer measurements.
Do you measure and weigh everything you eat? And are you sure you're really eating the calories you think you are? If So, Maybe just eat at 10% cut on lifting days if that's when you are hungrier. On rest days eat 15% cut.

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
11-08-2013, 06:36 PM
(11-08-2013 06:00 PM)jaeone Wrote:  Your muscles hold water which will make your measurements as well as weight go up. Next time you weigh and measure, do it during a rest week, weigh at the end of the week for truer measurements.
Do you measure and weigh everything you eat? And are you sure you're really eating the calories you think you are? If So, Maybe just eat at 10% cut on lifting days if that's when you are hungrier. On rest days eat 15% cut.

Thank you so much for the reply! I am pretty accurate with my food. I think I will try doing that (eating a little more on lift days) but going with a steeper cut the other days.
11-08-2013, 06:42 PM
One more question--I am doing a decent job of eating healthy, but I do eat some "cheat" food almost every day (prob about 300 cal worth of sweets whether it be nobake cookies, zucchini bread, a York peppermint patty, etc)....should I attempt to cut that out? I get about 5 servings of fruit/veggies and between 110-130g of protein daily as well.
11-09-2013, 12:00 AM
(11-08-2013 06:42 PM)runnermom85 Wrote:  One more question--I am doing a decent job of eating healthy, but I do eat some "cheat" food almost every day (prob about 300 cal worth of sweets whether it be nobake cookies, zucchini bread, a York peppermint patty, etc)....should I attempt to cut that out? I get about 5 servings of fruit/veggies and between 110-130g of protein daily as well.
As long as it fits into your calories, carbs, fats, protein, I say enjoy it! Don't deprive yourself of anything, just work it into your intake!wink

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
11-09-2013, 10:20 PM
(11-09-2013 12:00 AM)jaeone Wrote:  
(11-08-2013 06:42 PM)runnermom85 Wrote:  One more question--I am doing a decent job of eating healthy, but I do eat some "cheat" food almost every day (prob about 300 cal worth of sweets whether it be nobake cookies, zucchini bread, a York peppermint patty, etc)....should I attempt to cut that out? I get about 5 servings of fruit/veggies and between 110-130g of protein daily as well.
As long as it fits into your calories, carbs, fats, protein, I say enjoy it! Don't deprive yourself of anything, just work it into your intake!wink

That is what I love about EM2WL! Thanks for the support!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do I need to eat more? No weight gain over vacation wookiemouse 3 252 08-03-2017 10:33 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Gain on cut after lifting heavy? tillymonstar 1 1,051 09-18-2015 10:01 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  reset serious weight gain, working out and glycogen.... MichelleStiff 7 8,059 02-03-2015 07:34 PM
Last Post: tillymonstar
  Ready to throw in the towel after 2 months of OCD food measuring only to GAIN! LuvAlaska 4 7,064 11-01-2013 07:01 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Inches lost but no scale movement Marie 3 3,109 10-12-2013 01:09 AM
Last Post: Perez Turner
  Need guidance: I eat I gain, I cut I gain Naonah 3 3,074 10-26-2012 12:40 PM
Last Post: Kiki