Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to the Process
11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
New to the Process
Hi everyone.

I'm really excited to have found this program. I downloaded and read the starter kit this evening and I'm both nervous and excited. While I haven't been eating low calorie, I have made significant changes to my diet over the past 5 or so months. Last year I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. I have gone Gluten Free and reduced my dairy intake drastically. With that, I have started getting my periods back naturally. That was a big moment! Now it's time to really work on the weight/strength.

My info:
5'9
BMR - 1913
TDEE - 2295

Going to watch some of the YouTube videos tomorrow to make sure I understand the exercise part correct. I have worked with trainers before and feel comfortable with both weight machines and free weights but if I'm understanding correctly during this reset period I shouldn't be burning more than 382 calories (the difference between the TDEE and BMR). Does that sound right?

Thanks!
Carrie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: New to the Process
Hi Carrie,

That is correct. If you burn more than you should eat the difference.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
11-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi Carrie! Welcome to the family! We're all here to support you! applause

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Okay, one more question. After doing some more reading I'm wondering if it's important to do the reset when I haven't been eating low cal? I've actually been weighing in at the same number, within a lb or two given the time of the month for the past several months.
11-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Carrie, so you have been eating your TDEE and have stayed at the same number?

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
11-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I would say that I probably haven't been eating at my TDEE but just haven't been tracking my calories and know I'm not at a low cal count either. Should I still do the 8 week TDEE reset?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hi! New here and stuck in the reset process Mella29 12 9,967 06-22-2016 07:13 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto