Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just wondering - Is this right for me?
11-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Just wondering - Is this right for me?
Hey all!

I just found you on the net, I've been feeling like crap, still chubby and wondering, "gee, do I need to eat more?"

Here's my story for those interested:

25, F, 5'8" about 145 lbs.

Seven long years ago, I was a recent high school graduate, 18, and fat as hell, 220+ and 45-50% bf. I knew something had to change, I started eating right, exercising, and the weight fell off, over the summer and next four years through college and beyond I managed to lose 75 lbs (yay!).

Fast forward to January 2013, I've already been plateaued and unable to go below 145ish no matter what I did, and believe me I tried. I began to crash diet, eating 800-1000 calories plus doing Insanity and other workout videos in an effort to lose my flabby leftover belly and uncover those abs. Needless to say, my hair is totally falling out, I'm tired and weak as a kitten, stressed, and my belly feels even flabbier than ever but I haven't even come close to achieving my goals.

Maybe I'll never lose 20 lbs but I don't want to be stuck like this, I just want to look normal and not like a melted candle and believe me it's not loose skin (that looks totally different).

I've intuitively started eating more, for the last few weeks, I've eaten 1300-2200 calories, still trying, and failing to eat 1300 in an attempt to lose weight still, and my pants feel super tight already.

Anyone with a similar story? What were your results?

Finishing up with a newb question barrage: do I start the healing process by eating my tdee (2036) for a few weeks then move on to a 15% deficit (1731)? When do you know your're ok to go back to a cut? Obviously I'm gaining weight at an intake most people would lose tons of weight at (no scale but measured at +1 inch to the belly area since I stopped the crash dieting), does this mean I've truly f'ed my body up?

Thanks!

Peace happy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Just wondering - Is this right for me?
Hi! First of all welcome to the family!! Your story sounds so familiar!! check out my story here on EM2WL. http://eatmore2weighless.com/joan/
You probably don't need to lose any more weight. You are an inch taller than me and we weigh about the same. Do you lift weights? When I started lifting that totally changed my body composition, my weight went up a little ( 6 LBs) when I increased my calories but the inches- belly fat- came off. And I am wearing the same size 4 I was wearing at 136. To stabilize your metabolism you may need to do a reset which is eating your TDEE for about 6 to 8 weeks. Take a look at the starter kit. It is packed with information.

So glad you found us!!angel

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wondering About Food Lovers LikeAGirl 2 3,455 09-10-2013 11:17 PM
Last Post: LikeAGirl