Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adrenal Fatigue
12-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Adrenal Fatigue
I'm just wondering if anyone else has suffered with adrenal fatigue. It's really reared its ugly head for me this year! I've had weekends where I've spent the entire weekend on the couch. More recently I've had to give up intense workouts because every time I tried to do one I had this major backlash of fatigue that would last at least a week. So now my doctor has restricted me to walking only and no more than 15 minutes a day. The crazy thing is that I've started losing weight now that I'm resting. Maybe that's what my body needed to let go of the fat?

I'm just curious if anyone else here suffers from AF and what's worked for you. Anyone on the other side of things, out of the woods so to speak, and have any advice? Any lifestyle/stress management tips you'd like to share?

Crystal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Adrenal Fatigue
(12-03-2013 01:11 PM)CrystalFueled Wrote:  I'm just wondering if anyone else has suffered with adrenal fatigue. It's really reared its ugly head for me this year! I've had weekends where I've spent the entire weekend on the couch. More recently I've had to give up intense workouts because every time I tried to do one I had this major backlash of fatigue that would last at least a week. So now my doctor has restricted me to walking only and no more than 15 minutes a day. The crazy thing is that I've started losing weight now that I'm resting. Maybe that's what my body needed to let go of the fat?

I'm just curious if anyone else here suffers from AF and what's worked for you. Anyone on the other side of things, out of the woods so to speak, and have any advice? Any lifestyle/stress management tips you'd like to share?
Hi crystal, no I've never experienced that! How crazy that after listening to your doctor your body is reacting nicely to just walking! Sounds like it's just what your body needed!! For stress, nice slow breathing exercises, deep breathes in and out slowly, especially first thing in the morning. Get lots of sun light, open the blinds!

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
12-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi Crystal, looking back I believe I suffered from AF. I had to start resting and my recent decision to step down from EM2WL brought a five lb loss. Stress is a huge factor and reducing it along with rest has been the key for me. I have also been supplementing with Gaia Adrenal support, a b-complex, and vitamain C.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
03-01-2015, 03:22 PM
My naturopath diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue. Many people don't even agree that is a real diagnosis, but I found her recommendations helpful, so I don't care. She basically forbid any dieting and recommended no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol. She told me to eat a whole foods diet with protein at every meal, but also some healthy carbs. I'm trying to remember everything....go to bed by 10PM and if possible sleep until 8 or 9 AM. I was having insomnia where I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. She said to get up and eat a high protein snack. Crazy, but that totally worked for me, suddenly I could fall back to sleep! Also, I supplemented with magnesium and B-vitamins. We also had blood tests done and I had low vitamin D, iron anemia, and low sodium. So she actually recommended I increase my salt intake with sea salt. She also recommended very little exercise until I felt better - maybe short walks or gentle hatha style yoga but nothing strenuous.

I think it was a year and a half until I felt healthy and energetic enough to want to start losing weight and exercising more. I had a lot of continuing stress in my life during that period though. Basically I think I did an extended EM2WL reset. I also get treatment for my hypothyroidism, which is often linked to adrenal fatigue.
04-04-2016, 03:12 AM
Hey,

It is too worst. I have experienced this.