Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
Reset, cut and beyond!
12-23-2013, 03:00 AM
RE: Reset, cut and beyond!
I'm tempted to start my cut on the 27th...but I think what would be best is to really commit to sticking to 2500 calories a day for another three weeks, plus lifting etc, from the 27th Dec. This will give time for any Christmas weight etc to settle, and give me time to get used to 2500 (as opposed to 2700 or 3000 or however many I've been reaching). On the 17th Jan I'll weigh myself, and if my weight has stabilised (from whatever I weigh on the 27th Dec), then I'll start the cut. I'm thinking 2200 cal, if I stabilise on 2500.

I think mentally this is tough, because I am literally back to where I was this time last year. I had just started my new thyroid meds, and basically didn't indulge at all over Christmas, and strict dieting and fasting got me to goal by about June. Of course I struggled to stay there, and since Sept when I went on my holiday, I have gained 8kg. So, all of it back! It's just hard undoing so many months of hard work in a matter of weeks. Even though I know I couldn't maintain it, and I know I lost mainly muscle, and all of that. It's still hard.

I am going to go flex my new guns in the mirror to make myself feel better lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Did my lower body weights workout today and had trouble driving home from the gym afterwards - my leg way shaking so much on the clutch I was in danger of stalling!
12-24-2013, 11:47 AM
(12-23-2013 11:47 PM)lucy1984 Wrote:  Did my lower body weights workout today and had trouble driving home from the gym afterwards - my leg way shaking so much on the clutch I was in danger of stalling!

That was a good work out! i can always tell when making it up the porch steps is hard happy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Okey dokey, that's Christmas done and dusted!
Horrified to now be 69kg, but what can you do. Hopefully all that eating will fuel the reset.
I have been consistent with my weights work outs though, with a lower body workout yesterday and upper body the day before.
I'm hoping now that my weight will stabilise, eating 2500 per day, and I can start a cut in a few weeks, as I am mighty uncomfortable and have few clothes left that fit!
12-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Sigh, I've been back eating my normal amount, trying to stick to 2500, but seem to have gained another kilo. If anything I thought some of the xmas gain would be temporary water weight. So my total gain so far is now 8 kg, or 17ish pound.

I'm thinking I have estimated my TDEE too high. I am going to try 2300 for a few weeks to see if I stabilise. I am so uncomfortable at the moment, I want to diet, but I know that is not the answer. I need to be patient and find my maintenance calories.
12-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Yes TDEE may have been over estimated! But gaining on reset is normal. You're doing awesome! You will begin cut is in a few weeks!! applause You are right going back to "dieting" is not the answer! not talking

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
12-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I guess I am just wondering whether the reset is even working. My weight gain hasn't slowed down at all, and I still haven't moved off of rampaging hunger. Where is this hunger suppression lol?
01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Well I have at least now managed 2 full days where I stick to my 2300 target. I had to resort to some old methods of basically seriously bulking up every meal with a tonne of veg. I mean, I was already eating my 5 a day, but now it's more like 10. At least. I dunno, I must just have a bigger appetite than most. I've also been sticking to two upper and two lower body weights sessions a week, each about an hour in length.
01-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Hm, is getting your period back a sign that your metabolism has reset, or at least begun to heal?
I haven't had a proper one in years, but this cycle through I had the most significant one in as long
as I can remember.
01-05-2014, 05:51 PM
I am sick of being up ten kilo, sick of being hot ad uncomfortable. Sick of the fact that when I eat my TDEE of 2300 I can't sleep, but if I eat like, 3000 cal I sleep like a log.