Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
Reset, cut and beyond!
09-29-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: Reset, cut and beyond!
Lucy, you got me curious about your baby weights for the weights. Are they like wrist weights or attach to the weights?

I love your update! 2 extra kilos while eating close to TDEE everyday is much better than 2 kilos less while fasting 3x times a week. That shows you how fasting doesn't really do the trick, at all! I cannot imagine fasting while doing everything you do!

I am happy that you have a good take away from the bootcamp! Please save your post and re-read it every time you feel down and doubting the process. We all have good days when everything looks like it's in the right place and then day in which the same things that were in the "right" place seem misplaced. Save those high moments and bring them back whenever you need them!

The workshop is an eye opener and only join if you are truly ready to dive in and dig deep. No stone is left in place, lots of self exploring and feeling uncomfortable before feeling comfortable again. But that's how it is, right? Feels hard before feeling easy.

You are doing great with your workouts, trust me! You are challenging your body, you are making it happen. Try adding variations while on the treadmill, like holding some weights for a few minutes or doing intervals. I know it takes coordination for some moves and being safe comes first, but challenging your body and coordination will help your balance and core, while improving how your body does daily tasks.

On getting pregnant, sometimes eating more does it, just saying. We have fertility issues, so getting pregnant for free was not the norm. I got pregnant the good ol' way after a bulking for 3 months (aka lifting heavy and eating as I pleased, above TDEE). I don't know how it works, if it's the hormones, the less stress from cutting, the body thinking there's no famine...

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 04:59 PM
For sure - fasting all the time for such a small difference in my weight was NOT worth it. Plus it was exhausting. And hard!

The good news is...since keeping my deficit steady last week, after 5 days my weight went back down! And I have even waited til after my son's birthday party to report success, in case that interfered lol! I am so over the moon about this. Not with what the scale says. But that I stuck with the plan, waited it out, and the process delivered! I think that's the first time I have actually just leaned into it and come through the other side - usually I'd be running to a diet by now! So my current plan is, continue at the same 1500ish deficit this week, then try another calorie increase next week...maybe another 100 a day? So that'd have me aiming to around 800 weekly deficit. So close!! I'm also realising that when I reach tdee....I'm not going to go straight into a cut. I can feel that I'll need to just chill there and enjoy eating enough for a good few weeks before attempting any sort of cut.

Funnily enough, I was doing a reset and eating at or above tdee when I fell pregnant with #1. So hopefully being close to the end of my reset will help!
10-08-2017, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 05:03 PM by lucy1984.)
So yay! The weight stayed down, and I'm moving to a smaller deficit this week - goal 800 cals. But happy to get somewhere between 1500 and 800, so long as I make progress. I'm actually finding the end a bit difficult (in a good way)! I'm really amazed - previously when I jumped straight to TDEE (when i first tried EM2WL - NOT a good idea). I was ravenous and could easily have eaten at current levels + more. My body was just so hungry. And as long as I've been dieting I have always been SO. HUNGRY. I thought that was just me, never satisfied, couldn't stop when I was full, just a natural gluttonous binge eater. But now I am really quite full and at times pushing beyond comfortably full to get to my maximum tdee. I fully intend to go as high as possible, to make the cut easier. But I am so pleased that I am finally, finally, eating and feeling like I am getting 'enough'. I am getting enough and not feeling like some insatiable food obsessed freak. I dunno if it's that I am eating plenty of protein for once, or that I just have been eating a lot for so long now that my body is finally starting to accept that starvation isn't around the corner? Whatever it is, it is good. And normal.

Anyway, I think i just need to start eating more calories earlier in the day. DM has me hoarding them all for if i get 'hungry' in the afternoon, so I don't 'run out' - but I end up having too many in the end.
10-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Lucy, it’s interesting how yesterday I was telling a client of mine exactly the same thing: don’t hoard you calories for the night time! Don’t that will just make you hunger and tense at night.

I did that for years. Inheritance from the Diet Mentality that said that I needed to eat the minimum possible to lose the most weight as fast as possible. Not having enough calories is pure hell, specially at night, so I tried to bank as much as I could for fear of being hungry before bed. Ha, bad mistake! I’d have “perfect”days, eating barely nothing (sounds like intermittent fasting, right?!) and end up in a feeding frenzy at night Undecidedsigh.

And then go to sleep feeling completely defeated, calling myself a loser and all the worst thing I could think of. Well, it’s not a matter of willpower, the problem was in the diet. Huge blind spot! Diet lies everywhere!

And yes, eating more protein while spreading out your caloric budget will make hunger go away! You will still feel hungry sometimes, normal and expected, but it’s not how it was before. And yes, going as high as you can to have a future higher cut is the way to go!

One of my goals has always been to look the best I can, being the leanest and strongest while eating the most possible.

Team EM2WL
10-09-2017, 06:59 PM
It's crazy how many thoughts you have during the day that are old DM....and it's only when you really start questioning everything that you realise how much is still in there in the internal dialogue!

I like that goal happy
10-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Yes, the DM thoughts can take over your life if give them space. The more you dig during the workshop, the more you will uncover. Small things, small comments, small thoughts through out the day. Realizing that they are are and working our way out of them is really empowering!

Team EM2WL