Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Underestimated my activity level?
12-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Underestimated my activity level?
So i have been having real trouble for the past 4 months losing weight. i did a complete metabolism reset which lasted 12 weeks about 6 months ago, and lost 8-9kgs, but then for an unknown reason regained 4-5kgs. i reset again to my real TDEE this time of 2300 cals for 5 weeks and then cut again to 1950cals, but in 3 weeks I've only lost 500g and I'm about 95% sure thats water weight because now its just bouncing around at 65kgs. But then (today) i re-evaluated my Activity level to 5-6 hours a week (chest/back day + shoulders is usually 1.5hrs and legs is 2 hours + and i go for nightly walks and sometimes even 30-45minutes cardio )and my new TDEE says 2500, could this be the reason i wasn't losing any weight? the fact that i STILL may have been under eating?

i don't feel its a simple as that, but if you have any suggestions to get my weight loss started again id be way more happy to listen and try anything, i feel really desperate for any answers! D:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Underestimated my activity level?
Hi Sasha,
Awesome job completing your reset! You said the scale went up, but what about measurements? Did your clothes get a lot tighter? So After you lost the 8-9kgs, did you re calculate your TDEE to you lower weight? So now is the 2500 reflecting your current weight? And your right, it could be your activity level is higher than you thought!! If the 2500 is according to your present weight, you can do a cut of 10-15% Based on the 5-6 hours activity level. See how that works for about 4 weeks.

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
01-02-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Underestimated my activity level?
Thanks for responding Jaeone, yes everything has gone up. scale, measurements, clothes are tighter. to raise my cals to my new TDEE should i just go straight to 2500 cals from 2300, or will that cause weight gain? and how long would you recommend eating at my new TDEE for? as you know I've already don't quite a long reset and just want the weight to budge, so sick of seeing extremely minimal change Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My TDEE - which level would you place me at? GottaLetItBurn 6 9,052 08-24-2014 05:07 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Is resetting to TDEE level necessary? sasha0910 1 4,552 06-03-2013 11:44 AM
Last Post: Kiki