Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
once again, a new thread...no progress :\
01-27-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: once again, a new thread...no progress :\
(01-21-2014 06:14 PM)Kiki Wrote:  You should be incredibly proud of yourself for not giving up. I've seen many ladies get so down that they give up, only to find themselves literally come full circle within the next year or two. Once the time passes, they realize that they could've at least put that time in (that they originally thought was "too long") into doing it the right way -- rather than going backwards and having to start over.

I don't think you need more than a 10-15% deficit right outta the gate.

I usually suggest doing it all slowly. The original cal increase for reset (by only 50-100cal at a time - stopping at each level until you plateau - until you reach TDEE), and also when moving back down to cut after reset.

I understand the fear of rapid gain, which is why I recommend the slow increase. Then once you cut, you only want to lower cals just slightly to start losing, and then take them back up to maintenance for 1 week every 4-6 weeks or so to avoid your body adapting to the new cal level and to give yourself mental break from cutting. You don't want to get back into the "perpetual diet" mode for long periods of time.. It breaks you down mentally and physically. Taking your time in all areas of the process also helps you to mentally get stronger, which enables you to help others along later. One day you'll be strolling through the forums and run across a post that will sound so similar to this one that it could've been written by you, and you'll smile at how far you've come. wink

Thanks for the response kiki, I've replied to Nicole above, and said that I've already gone up almost 2kgs in 3 days. Im trying to keep my hopes up but I'm just feeling so down lately. I'm going to keep trying, i won't give up. And i just really keep on day dreaming of the day i can look back and think wow I've come along way, but it just feels like it'll never come Sad

ill keep you guys posted, every 1-2 weeks or so
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 07:57 AM
So to update you all, I'm now eating 2600, its actually harder than i thought! I'm eating 7 times a day, and its now 11pm and i still have 350 cals left! i guess its always like that in the beginning. i weigh 65.5kgs, which is up 1-1.5kgs, but it went up to 67.8kgs at one stage last week.

But now the thing is i went to a dietician who was recommend to me via another personal trainer who is all about eating more to weigh less too, so apparently the dietician is good. But the thing is i received my meal plan and it just simply does not seem like enough food for my activity level, and seeing as i have gotten my metabolism up to 2600 now i don't want it to decrease again. I'm pretty sure the breakfast portion only goes up to 250 cals, which really worries me, i don't want to get into that obsessive state again which i feel like i might. I'm not sure what to do Sad should i go through with the meal plan? or just continue with what I'm doing??
02-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I'd modify the meal plan. Use it as a base. Add up the actual calories it provides and then add to it. Double portions or whatever you need to take it up to your 2600 calories happy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2014, 07:53 PM
(02-06-2014 02:52 PM)LikeAGirl Wrote:  I'd modify the meal plan. Use it as a base. Add up the actual calories it provides and then add to it. Double portions or whatever you need to take it up to your 2600 calories happy

yeah i might do that, thanks for the idea
ill message my dietician and let her know how i feel too, it'll probably put my mind to ease as well, ill keep you guys posted
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
I agree with LikeAGirl. I'd adjust the plan. No point in going backwards, lol.

I'm sure if you explain that you're more active than she may realize, that she'll understand your point.

Perhaps still stick with the macros or whatever that she has you set at, so that you are still getting the nutrients at the level that she recommends (which she's obviously recommended for a reason).

That's really cool that you found a dietician that's about the FOOD, lol. SOO rare these days... Sweet. wink

Can't wait to hear your updates.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user