Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.38 Average
Emma's journal
02-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Emma's journal
Hi everyone, I posted actively in the STS thread but since the STS 2013 Challenge is over for most, I thought I'd keep in touch by just posting here.

I'm still working in my cut phase and actually seem to have dialed it in a bit; for the first part of my cut I was still figuring out all of the kcal stuff and really was eating more at maintenance. Which turned out fine, as I did recomp a bit and had good "noob" strength increases during STS. But now its nice to see some fat come off, albeit slowly. Really my goal is to just lean down a little bit so that I can do a bulk more comfortably. I never thought I would eagerly anticipate the day to gain weight? lol.

Post STS I started doing NROLFW again, but I kind of have exercise ADD... heart just isn't in it to follow the program to a T. So, instead I am following this site's Heavy-Light Workout Plan for the next month. I'm looking forward to the change of pace!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Emma's journal
Whoops, I meant I am going to do this site's Total Body Supersets. I'm sure I'll hit Heavy-Light down the line happy Today will be Day 1!
02-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Total Body Supersets yesterday, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is sore today.
02-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Finished the first 3 workouts, and they are a lot of fun in a twisted way. I like the whole body approach. Its also kind of a nice changeup from a long, 16 week program. Otherwise its sort of ho-hum over here, business as usual. Still on a modest cut, but I think I'm seeing some changes. I have a shadow of a shoulder cap, my abs look a bit leaner, and the line on my back that was threatening to turn into a roll is fading away. Last month the scales (weight and bf) moved for me and I think this month I'm doing ok as well. This is just a bit slower of a process than I thought it would be.

What's everyone else working on/up to these days?
02-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Congrats on the progress (even if it felt slower than you wanted). happy
I'm back to counting again after a mess for January...and playing with Kettlebells and Zumba. Trying to fight the winter doldrums tongue

Rhoda
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Its always going to feel slower than I wanted, lol. Patience has never been my virtue but I'm trying and learning. Really I'm learning that slow = sustainable so I'm focusing on that.

I used to live in Chicago, so I am familiar with the winter doldrums and sympathize. Exercise truly does help though. What kind of kettlebells are you doing? A class or DVD's? I like to throw in a kettlebell workout every now and again. Something fun and freeing about tossing that thing about!
02-14-2014, 12:51 PM
I live in a town of about 800 people. No classes for me unless it's the Adult Ed Zumba class (2 days a week someone drives down from the nearest town to teach it).

I made some cards with routines that I found on MyOhMyTV. Then I bought a Lauren Brooks DVD. I'm hoping to do that 3 days a week until Zumba is over and then go from there. I have a 25lb and 35lb bell. I love throwing them around. Still working on not beating up my forearm when I do cleans. Owwww!! tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about literally beating yourself up. I have a Bob Harper DVD, and he has these contoured kettlebells he uses. I wish I had seen those before I bought mine...

Week 2 Workout 1 of Supersets is on the books. I kept my weights the same as last time, and I sweated just as much and am just as sore today. Kiki, if you are reading, I curse you just as much as I cursed Cathe on some days happy Seriously though, good workouts. I know I'm going to work hard but I look forward to them.
02-16-2014, 03:13 PM
I feel like doing absolutely nothing today, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm also at that point in the cut cycle where I just want to eat eat eat, and my maintenance break isn't for another 2 weeks. I'll see how I feel, but maybe my body just wants a re-feed/mini-break.
02-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Not the best week for me in terms of sticking to my exercise plan, but I'm rolling with it. Life just seems to get in the way sometimes! Plus, it always seems the week before TOM my sleeping isn't as great - anyone else experience that? And when I don't get good sleep, its near impossible for me to get up at 5 to work out. Also, looking over the week, I noticed that when I do get my butt out of bed and workout, I really bring it. Then the next day I'm super tired and/or sore. So overall, more rest days but more intense workouts too, and that may not be a bad thing.

How's everyone else out there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 69 6,102 04-21-2017 08:59 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 31 1,217 04-20-2017 02:27 PM
Last Post: kcmsmith0405
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 3,609 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 306 26,212 04-13-2017 02:41 PM