Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Query regarding 'bad' days
04-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Query regarding 'bad' days
Hi,
Just a query about the cut phase.
Say, one is cutting, eating TDEE - 10-15%. This may give a calorie deficit of around 1500 per week say.
What do you all do if you have a big occasion or a night out? I always find that when eating out, the meals can be at least twice as many calories as a meal I prepare at home. Add a few wines or dessert, and I could easily go over my tdee by about a 1000, wiping out almost a week of hard work. Would you eat very little all day to compensate for the larger evening meal? Because otherwise, one meal out could blow half a weeks savings of calories, because the weekly deficit is so small. And because this way of weight loss is SO slow, with such small deficits, it is inevitable that I will regularly wipe out my weeks worth of effort, just by having a nice meal and a few wines - not even going overboard really. This is what made me give up before...seeing the very slow progress that I had made being wiped out every three weeks or so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 10:42 PM by jaeone.)
RE: Query regarding 'bad' days
Hi! Yes life happens! Celebrations, cakes, potlucks at work etc!
But, One night won't kill you! EM2WL is not a diet. If you wiped out your loss, something was wrong.

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
04-23-2014, 11:07 PM
I just found that I was getting nowhere.
04-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Lucy, This way is slow, I agree. But during the week you can enjoy your favorite foods, just fit them into your intake and macros. Then on the weekends or on special events you won't feel like oh, I havent had a good treat in a long time and go crazydrooling ;o;.
Its all about balance. Is 1500 your cut? How much have you lost in total?

Joan

04-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Um, my cut is 2000. If cut means my daily calorie target. I just meant that with a 10% deficit, saving just over 200 cal per day, this adds up to a saving of about 1500 per week. happy Um, I haven't lost anything. Either on the scale or on the tape measure. I wouldn't even call what I am talking about as 'going crazy' on the weekend. I just mean a nice meal out with a few drinks, maybe dessert.

So...if you had a night out planned....would you cut back the rest of the day to fit it in? I.e. eat very lightly or not at all in the morning? Or what would you do?
04-24-2014, 08:22 PM
If I were cutting and planning an evening out, I would eat lighter meals packed with protein to stay fuller. For example, after workout protein shake w/Banana, light breakfast =2-3egg whites w/turkey bacon, snack=Greek yogurt, lunch=chicken breast w/California veggies over brown rice. If I'm hungry before dinner a piece of fruit. Then dinner i usually go for surf and turf! 1 or 2 glasses Wine or margarita. Probably no desert! This is probably over about 200 to 300 over my cut depending on the steak and baked potatoe! ( A lifting session is definitely planned for that morning)
Then the next day i would go back to normal cut meals, i wouldn't cut back to make up for the overage. Day after night out may do a 30 minute brisk walk or HIIT on stationary bike.

Joan

04-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Ok cool happy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What do I do on non lifting days? Candicescott69 1 3,911 07-17-2013 03:02 PM
Last Post: Kiki
  Eat more on heavy lifting days or not? Conflicting info! ajmccracken11 1 5,490 04-23-2013 09:04 PM
Last Post: Kiki