Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zingdak's Journal
06-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Zingdak's Journal
I've been on the cut officially for 3 days even though I first heard about em2wl back in December when I first joined the group.

I'm a bit of a workaholic so I tend to get lost and forget to track or workout and trying to get balance in my life is my one never ending struggle.

I'm 33, 5'6" and as of this morning 168: the heaviest I've ever been.
I'm trying to trust the em2wl process but it isn't easy. I've typically lost weight (gotten down to late 140s or early 150s by following weight watchers and doing cardio like spinning or running). This time I thought I'd try something different to account for the real changes happening in my metabolism.

I'm also trying to be better about tracking and I track through mfp app. Looking forward to what looks like a bumpy emotional journey.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: Zingdak's Journal
hello and welcome!

So what TDEE did you reset at and how did you find it? That is where I found the most mental struggle!
06-18-2014, 10:23 AM
:DHi there and welcome back!
I know eating more goes against what we have learned when it comes to the battle of the bulge!! But our bodies need calories to burn calories! This process is slow, but it is for LONG TERM results! This definitely is nothing like weight watchers, it is totally a way of life.
So on your cut, did you calculate a 10% deficit of your TDEE? It would be great if you could add a little background about your previous experience with diets and losing weight.wink

I am on MFP also, you can add me for support if you like. My user is jaeone.

I am looking forward to hearing more about you and supporting you.

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
06-18-2014, 01:05 PM
SarahWeb: "So what TDEE did you reset at and how did you find it? That is where I found the most mental struggle!"

Thank you for be warm welcome!
I am doing TDEE - 15% calculated using the scooby calculator and reading everything I could on this site. For me eating a lot, mentally doing so because I actually love food, was hard.

Jaeone: ":DHi there and welcome back!
I know eating more goes against what we have learned when it comes to the battle of the bulge!! But our bodies need calories to burn calories! This process is slow, but it is for LONG TERM results! This definitely is nothing like weight watchers, it is totally a way of life.
So on your cut, did you calculate a 10% deficit of your TDEE? It would be great if you could add a little background about your previous experience with diets and losing weight.

I am on MFP also, you can add me for support if you like. My user is jaeone.

I am looking forward to hearing more about you and supporting you."

Thank you for the welcome. I didn't think anyone would read this journal so didn't think to write for an audience. Now I know better!

I was the standard eat anything and never gain an ounce until I hit my 20s after which the weight creep was very very slow and gradual. Once I saw a photo of myself, I hit the gym with gusto. Although I do weigh myself daily I always judge myself based on the tightness of my pants and have typically used my pant tightness as a gauge. I like cooking and eating so deprivation is not something I've been able to get used to for more than a few days.

Haven't been much of a strength builder either but I am enjoying swinging my kettlebell and learning how to do a proper push-up. I love Michelle Obama's body and would like to have her arms someday. Happy to answer other questions happy
06-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum!

LOL @ not writing for an audience big grin I know what you mean!

The journals are kinda weird like that...guess similar to blogging. Most days it's just writing to yourself to sort out your thoughts, but you never know who's following wink - It's great having others to cheer you on, and keep you accountable, though!

Hope you're entertaining the idea of incorporating some strength training (though I do adore my kettlebell for cardio). It's the quickest way to your "Michelle arms" tongue

Looking forward to following your journey!

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 05:38 PM by zingdak.)
(06-18-2014 01:54 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

LOL @ not writing for an audience big grin I know what you mean!

The journals are kinda weird like that...guess similar to blogging. Most days it's just writing to yourself to sort out your thoughts, but you never know who's following wink - It's great having others to cheer you on, and keep you accountable, though!

Hope you're entertaining the idea of incorporating some strength training (though I do adore my kettlebell for cardio). It's the quickest way to your "Michelle arms" tongue

Looking forward to following your journey!

Thank you Kiki, for the welcome!

Been trying to figure out how to do strength training on a minimal budget in a tiny apartment. I have a few dumbells, but haven't found a solution that would work with the program. Open to ideas though.
06-19-2014, 03:53 AM
hello - stalker here again wink

check out the books "body by you" and "you are your own gym" mark lauren - body by you is for women - I am just starting it - but VERY excited about it!
06-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Welcome! My story is similar to yours. 5'7" now 175ish. No problems eating until I was done college and things started to creep. Did Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, played with the South Beach Diet. Found out I was gluten intolerant, didn't replace foods and only ate about 100 g carbs max. Dropped some "weight", felt good initially, but then found no energy. Ate a banana and felt better. Duh!

Good luck on your journey! big grin

For the love of peanut butter, EAT MORE!!
06-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Yikes. Just weighed myself and am now officially at the highest weight in my life at 172.2 and also happened to see the most hideous photo of myself. This journey is not going to be easy at all.

I did I did 64 squats with a 20 lb kettlebell yesterday and my legs just hurt everywhere. I went for a long bike ride today and that didn't help with easing pain.

I did measure myself and saw some loss but I don't want to celebrate in case I just measured at at different part last time.

I'm too full to eat any more.

So yes. Heaviest ever. I appreciate the support all!
06-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Welcome happy

I'm also new here, so new I haven't even plucked up the courage to start my own Journal yet hehe

64 squats sounds killer! I've never lifted a kettlebell before so have no idea the pain you're in but empathise happy

Just remember this may be the heaviest you've ever been but it's also the heaviest you will ever be x

Tasha
16/08/2014 Eating 2500+ searching for my TDEE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 5,050 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Anjacina's Journal Anjacina 11 8,641 03-23-2018 08:10 AM
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 73 48,795 01-31-2018 02:21 PM
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 99 75,551 12-30-2017 11:07 AM
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 326 211,510 12-04-2017 12:38 PM
Last Post: MaggieG123
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 19,593 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 34,733 04-17-2017 06:56 AM