Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ready for change...
08-01-2014, 09:53 AM
RE: Ready for change...
Oh my goodness!!!Sad I've gained 10 pounds in three weeks on a reset TDEE of 2400. I knew my clothes felt tighter, but 10 pounded?!? This is the first time I've weighed myself since starting. I knew this would be difficult but now I'm not even sure my work clothes will fit at the end of August when I have to go back to work. I wanted to do a full 6 weeks at reset. This is definitely making it more difficult.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 09:59 AM
some of that will be water weight which when you body stablises will come off - I found that happened around week 4 - so hang in for 1 more week before you really panic - honestly - I dropped 3or 4 lbs in week 4 and it stayed off
08-01-2014, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 04:53 PM by emma.)
Hi and welcome!

I'm curious about bulking/cutting cycles too... I feel like soon I'll be ready? From what I can gather from the interwebz, bulking and cutting is faster to see muscle development but just eating at maintenance and lifting will get you there too, just slower.

I don't eat before I workout (unless I happen to have an afternoon workout - but pbly 80% of my workouts are AM). I have not noticed any difference at all of working out fasted versus with a recent meal, so its just your preference if you are unaffected too. Sleep and rest seem to have more of an impact for me rather than recent fueling or not.

For protein, this too I think is a preference. I usually have a scoop of protein powder in mid morning and it helps me recover faster from my workouts while giving me a good wallop of protein; I personally don't think anything is wrong with it - unless its straight up meat, veggies, fruits most everything is technically processed anyway in some regard (yogurt, cheese, pasta, bread, rice, much of what people eat). Regarding eggs or any food, you need fat! So I wouldn't avoid eggs if you like them and you have balance, like Sarah implied.

(08-01-2014 09:59 AM)SarahWeb Wrote:  some of that will be water weight which when you body stablises will come off - I found that happened around week 4 - so hang in for 1 more week before you really panic - honestly - I dropped 3or 4 lbs in week 4 and it stayed off

Yep, listen to Sarah here.
08-07-2014, 12:59 PM
So just to report...You were right, Sarah...mostly. I put on 10 pounds right away on 2400. Five of that disappeared, but I'm not sure when since I hate weighing myself. I've also noticed some of my definition returning. Probably like most women, I see changes in my upper body first. My lower body is still my trouble zone. Yep, I'm a pear. So I went from 1200 to 2400 & have a five pound difference. Pretty unbelievable. I'm getting anxious to try my first 10% cut, but I don't want to rush things. Besides, eating is one of my favorite hobbies again. I also didn't realize how much seriously restricting calories took the fun out of exercising. Guess it was my energy. One other odd thing I noticed is that I didn't sweat as much on calorie restriction. Now, I sweat terribly. I'm hoping its a sign that my metabolism is working better. raised eyebrows Guess I'll have to wait & see!
08-07-2014, 01:05 PM
yeah!! and yeah its all good - sweat means you are working harder and your body is allowing you too!! success - well done - and just keep going until you feel ready to cut - that is the real thing there - I found if I forced myself to eat less I got grumpy and felt like I was on 1200 again!!
08-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Oh Amy, such great news. Glad you stuck it out. It is easy to resort back to old ways even though we know we didn't get the results we wanted low caling either...so good for you!

I would say stick with TDEE for as long as you can mentally handle it. I ended up doing TDEE for over a year, more like a year and a half when I was dealing with everything. The GREAT thing...I gained good muscle. I have stayed at tdee for past few months because I have been seen good muscular progress and I hate cutting. Once you start eating it is hard to go back to cut...lol. But I am doing a slight cut right at the moment adn we shall see how it goes.

I look forward to hearing your next update:-)

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Ready to crush that diet mentality for good? Tereza Toledo 3 769 01-25-2017 07:30 PM
Last Post: zanyzana66
Wink It's MY time to change....finally Jdnara 31 6,290 05-04-2016 09:03 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Ripped The Band-Aid Off (Ready, Set, Go!) BlueJays44 184 38,250 03-12-2016 03:38 PM
  Going For the Change! aperfect8 44 11,892 08-01-2015 07:32 PM
  Lindsey's Journal - Ready to See Change Linakekei 35 19,133 10-24-2014 01:16 PM