Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for activity level for TDEE
08-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Question for activity level for TDEE
I'm new to EM2WL and I am all in! But, I so nervous I am eating the wrong TDEE, I want to do a metabolism reset and in the long run want to gain muscle and lose excess fat. I am happy at a goal weight around 130lbs as I am 5'7" and have "Skinny Fat" so toning and gaining muscle is the main goal. I weighed 133 when I started upping my calories and adding weight training about a week ago. I tried to figure out my TDEE and came up with 2472 cals for about 30 mins of fairly heavy weight training 4 days a week, being a waitress/bartender who works 40+ hrs a week, and I am also fairly/lightly active most other days taking my kids to the park and going on walks etc. But, since upping my cals I am now 139! So I am nervous I have upped them too much. I've been a hardcore yo-yo dieter since probably 13 yrs old so some reassurance or guidance would be golden for me as I am ready for a lifetime change!Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: Question for activity level for TDEE
what are your macros like?

your greatest self has been waiting your whole life; don't make it wait any longer!
08-01-2014, 01:10 PM
hiya - welcome and well done for finding us

so depending on what cals you were eating before and if you jumped straight up to the 2472 value then yes you are going to see a bit of a jump and in the first 3 weeks - but don't panic its your body healing happy it will eventually settle down and most of it will me water weight and glycerin stores! PLUS with weight training your body stores water whilst healing so often if you weight a day after weight training you can easily see 2-4lb increase just from that (which is why people say to weigh after a full rest day)

also sounds like you do quite a lot of activity so your tdee could be even higher big grin

anyway we are here to help - you are on the right track and even better you don't have to lose masses of weight before you start seeing the results - eat at TDEE and weight training - that will create muscles which you so need! then when it all stablises (weight wise_) and you cut from your TDEE at say 15% those new muscles of yours will help burn off that fat and wow suddenly your muscles will start to show as the fat covering them will go away!

anyway hope that help s- hang with it this is slow and steady and way more mental than anything else BUT I truly believe its the only way to live happy

you are on the right track honestly! but the worst thing that you can do is stress over it - if you can leave off the scales for a while and try not to worry about it
08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
(08-01-2014 12:50 PM)ninjaaa9 Wrote:  what are your macros like?
Well I havn't gotten that focused yet...to start im trying to eat a gram of protein per lb and trying to keeps carbs lower as of now. So right now I'm getting about 110 grams of protein per day.
08-01-2014, 01:19 PM
(08-01-2014 01:10 PM)SarahWeb Wrote:  hiya - welcome and well done for finding us

so depending on what cals you were eating before and if you jumped straight up to the 2472 value then yes you are going to see a bit of a jump and in the first 3 weeks - but don't panic its your body healing happy it will eventually settle down and most of it will me water weight and glycerin stores! PLUS with weight training your body stores water whilst healing so often if you weight a day after weight training you can easily see 2-4lb increase just from that (which is why people say to weigh after a full rest day)

also sounds like you do quite a lot of activity so your tdee could be even higher big grin

anyway we are here to help - you are on the right track and even better you don't have to lose masses of weight before you start seeing the results - eat at TDEE and weight training - that will create muscles which you so need! then when it all stablises (weight wise_) and you cut from your TDEE at say 15% those new muscles of yours will help burn off that fat and wow suddenly your muscles will start to show as the fat covering them will go away!

anyway hope that help s- hang with it this is slow and steady and way more mental than anything else BUT I truly believe its the only way to live happy

you are on the right track honestly! but the worst thing that you can do is stress over it - if you can leave off the scales for a while and try not to worry about it

Ok! Great! Thanks for the encouragement! I really needed to know I'm on the right track! I'm gonna stick to it even though I feel like I'm eating way too much, but I know that's just ingrained diet fads that I am so used to! Crazy to think I could even need more cals!Thanks again for the help! happy
08-01-2014, 02:18 PM
check out the start of a few of the journals we were all the same - no way how can I eat that much and feel bloated - and then week 4 you get that HIGH wow feeling big grinbig grin then you realise how much your body was trying to do without enough fuel! suddenly there are most hours in the day - more hours to sleep at night - its all good happy Shout if you need anything more
08-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Hang in there, everything that you are going through is perfectly normal! The only thing I can add to other responses is regarding your macros, don't fear carbs. IMO, carbs have gotten a bad rap, but like protein and fat, you need carbs. Since you are on your feet all day for work, you especially need carbs to fuel that running around!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tdee question jturner2 2 212 08-30-2017 06:57 AM
Last Post: jturner2
  Recalculating, need help with activity level sheilawrites 2 730 06-29-2017 12:45 PM
Last Post: sheilawrites
  Need help with activity and upping calories Snezza 32 6,907 01-10-2017 11:27 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Activity Level TonyaB 2 905 01-04-2017 09:54 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Activity level right? How to up calories? zoe 4 1,409 09-24-2016 08:40 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Activity level to start at? nwcountrygal 6 2,221 02-14-2016 09:42 PM
  TDEE Activity Level and Eating Back Calories petstorekitty 3 1,973 10-21-2015 09:26 PM
  Activity Level Check pbear85 6 2,426 09-24-2015 08:44 PM
  Reset question mjj79 5 2,203 07-29-2015 11:01 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Protein Question running4myboys 6 4,624 06-09-2015 10:54 AM
Last Post: genuinegirl18