Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Journey
11-29-2014, 05:03 PM
RE: My Journey
I am finishing up the last few weeks of madcow, it will take me to almost the end of year where i will hopefully be able to squat my bw of 175 and DL 200, upper body i don't really care what i'm at. Will take a rest week since i haven't had one ever. Sad my bad. Then start my cut. I am going to start pushing my breakfast back a bit each week to get me into doing IF split of 14/10. I do well with it when i can do it, however i don't know what training to do while in a cut. I like the pyramid type training with the madcow, i get bored easily with 5x5's. 3x5's would be doable i guess or add some cardio at the end of my lifting sessions. Does anyone have any input on a different lifting session?? I don't want to lose much strength but i know i wont be able to PR as much as i can now. Im not good at putting a program together. I currently do strong curves lower body only after the madcow session 3 times a week and no cardio. I tried it one day and almost died. laughing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Nice lift numbers!! I did the 14/10 IF for awhile when cutting and honestly found no difference in my workouts, and I worked out in the morning (so 9 hours or so into the fast). As for the type of workout, I will be no help here happy I have heard 2 schools of thought: 1. train exactly like you train when bulking/maintaining or 2. back off on strength sets and go for more reps. Maybe the EM2WL booklet the team put together will help with this question?
I'm not saying this is right, but what I did was kept some cardio and just varied between types of lifting. For example I'd do a strong curves workout, which tends to be more reps, and added 1 day of low reps/high weight to try and maintain my strength.
11-30-2014, 08:49 PM
(11-29-2014 05:03 PM)MrsEhli Wrote:  I am finishing up the last few weeks of madcow, it will take me to almost the end of year where i will hopefully be able to squat my bw of 175 and DL 200, upper body i don't really care what i'm at. Will take a rest week since i haven't had one ever. Sad my bad. Then start my cut. I am going to start pushing my breakfast back a bit each week to get me into doing IF split of 14/10. I do well with it when i can do it, however i don't know what training to do while in a cut. I like the pyramid type training with the madcow, i get bored easily with 5x5's. 3x5's would be doable i guess or add some cardio at the end of my lifting sessions. Does anyone have any input on a different lifting session?? I don't want to lose much strength but i know i wont be able to PR as much as i can now. Im not good at putting a program together. I currently do strong curves lower body only after the madcow session 3 times a week and no cardio. I tried it one day and almost died. laughing

There are a lot of free workout on the em2wl website. I plan on using a few of them once I'm done with sts in march. I looked at a few and I liked them.
04-23-2015, 10:03 AM
I thought i was doing everything right and now i don't know anymore. I seem to be cutting more calories than i should since i'm not losing BF. I'm looking really fluffy well till i got food poisoning... Still recovering from that. Cant eat nearly as much and stomach is still a bit queezey at times. So i have put on about 15 lbs since i started the refeed back in august. Now before you think that isn't bad, i actually only gained about 10 before i cut, since i started a cut in Jan I have gained 5 more. Sad The only time the scale has dropped was when i was sick in Jan and now with the food poisoning. I still lift heavy, went back to SL but doing 3x5s and strong curves lower body only, before food poisoning last week i was at 155 for squat (failed the first time trying it) bench deloading again but new pr's at 93, row 100, ohp 62 i think and a huge PR of 205x1 for DL. So i have still been gaining strength even with cutting my calories a bit more then i would like... Right now i am at 177-179 after the last week, before that i was 179(if i was lucky)-182. The BF on my scale was going to ever so slightly down but in total it is up 3% from before i reset. I thought my TDEE was around 2800, I would like to lose about 10% BF which would bring my weight down to around the 155 area, give or take a few, although i still don't care if it says 'im still 180 but look how i want to look. I have been eating 2200 on average i think. When i look at my average from the last few weeks it keeps going down more and more. What am i doing wrong? I track everything i eat, unless my lil hulk with steal a few bites of my food which is quite normal. lol I have taken weeks to eat at maintenance still i started to cut but maybe i need to do it more often. I'm afraid i'm going back to my old ways. I looked back at when i was at my lowest and i was eating 1800-2000 then and i don't want to go back to that... When i started back lifting this week i only did SL(about 50 mins) and then walked on the treadmill for 25 mins, If i need to do cardio to lose some fat i will but id rather not. OK i think i got it all out now. Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?
04-29-2015, 07:16 AM
-have you ever eaten at a very low cal level?
-if so did you do a reset?
-if you did a reset, at what cal level did you reset and for how many weeks,
-what did you do after reset? (Cut, maintain, bulk)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Carley's journey to health Original_Beauty 5 12,320 08-31-2018 08:42 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step -- Lao Tzu hannah77 291 202,811 09-04-2017 05:07 PM
  Joy In The Journey Sunshine44 50 36,423 05-12-2017 10:41 PM
  A well nourished journey jsue6 16 13,643 03-14-2017 02:59 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  kathy's journey kathy 8 8,545 08-26-2016 09:24 PM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Liane's new journey forward mrsukyankee 489 487,099 06-21-2016 08:38 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
Wink The Start of My New Journey Candi 141 99,445 05-23-2016 06:55 AM
Last Post: Candi
  Rebekah's EM2WL Journey Rebekah 15 13,413 04-06-2016 08:31 AM
Last Post: emma
  Journey to Hope mjj79 57 51,947 12-07-2015 06:25 PM
Last Post: tillymonstar
  Katie's Journey from Low Cal Diets and Binging to Health! kfbattle 11 12,330 09-03-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee