Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im new too!
11-13-2014, 04:41 AM
RE: Im new too!
Is a doctor having you not eat these things? If so, a nutritionist is definitely the way to go so you can get some good ideas of what to eat.

Some days I eat 3 meals...but most of the time I spread those meals throughout the day so my lunch may take me about 3 hours to eat as I'll have a yogurt, then fruit, then a sandwich, etc.

And the hungry is good - it means that your revving up the system. Keep working to get up to the TDEE number - you'll discover how much better you feel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes I see a dietitican next week but I am worried. I had a scan of my thyroid. I think i gave myself hypothyroid. Dietitian believes it can be reversed though. But I am still worried.
11-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Hypothyroidism is not that uncommon. At least Hashimoto's. It just appears on you and usually goes from mother to daughter. My mum has that since her 40s... I've had it since my 18s. I think it's seriously rare that being from diet deficiency. You can still lose fat and weight with hypothyroidism. I gained >10kgs when I first had it. I lost pretty much that, and more fat. Eating ice creams, chocolates and having a pretty bad diet out here in general xD I hate veggies. I do love a good homemade lasagna though happy

In any case you should clear out what you can actually eat and why. That looks seriously a restrictive diet.
11-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks Nadoriel. It is restrictive! I am hoping this dietitian can help.
I just made pasta bake last night. You would love that if you like lasagna!
Its easier!
11-19-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi, just wanted to mention something on the protein front. You say you don't have a gall bladder, so your protein needs to be low - I'm pretty sure that's not right. I had my gall bladder removed when I was 16, I eat between 100-150g of protein a day without any problems. I however have gluten intolerance - but not related to the gall bladder! I say this, but I know everyone is different, but I wouldn't be scared to up your protein based on not having a gall bladder, up it slowly and see how you feel happy
11-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Ok, the dietitian has me eating 2200 calories and I am struggling because I cannot find foods that I can make up for that amount. I cannot have dairy, eggs or gluten. Sad
11-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Lots of meat, gluten free protein powder with veg/fruit & water.
http://www.myprotein.com/protein/non-dairy.list

Tofu stir fries, dairy free items like soy products for smoothies.

I bet you can find recipes on a ton of blogs (I know the Slow Cooker blog writes gluten free recipes and may have other styles as well) http://crockpot365.blogspot.co.uk