Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
upping calories ....
11-25-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: upping calories ....
@mrsukyankee and Nadoriel:

Awsome, I am interested in this idea ... Just for fun I'm going to ask my trainer today and see where he stands on this.. LOL

I do like it, especially for people like me who have been thin all their life through a sad restrictive diet!

On another note, I have been working really hard (mentally) at getting my calories in 6 X a day.... there's still a mental block.

I will get back to you on what my trainer said just for kicks, maybe he'll say something totally controversial....

Ill write back after my session!

Happy "Macroing".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2014, 09:16 PM
XD good idea. I think that there are just several ways to achieve that goal of losing fat, getting leaner and fit. Some people need to be more strict than others. And obviously some ways, depending on the person, can take longer than others. It all depends on the person and on the way itself.

I think that goes for the 6x meals a day plan as well. It works 2 ways: if you're are overweight, it can be because you eat a lot in few meals, because you are hungry. If you get to eat more often, there's a chance you don't need to overeat during those meals as you get to know your hunger cues as well, hence be on a calorie deficit/maintenance.
Or, if you have been too restrictive, chances are you didn't eat that often (else how would you manage to eat so little calories a day?) so eating 6 meals a day makes you eat more and hopefully better.

Those are just strategies. In the end, you know yourself better. If you think you can get a good calorie intake eating only 1 meal a day, or 3, or more, then that's your perfect number of meals a day. There are people who do intermittent fasting, so they end up eating less meals but more calories for each meal. It's just a choice and as long as you eat enough, that's what matters.
11-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Agree with Nadoriel. Is there a particular reason your trainer has you on 6x a day eating?