Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a picture says a thousand words
12-22-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: a picture says a thousand words
I dunno. I always had "fat" issues in my life. The weird thing is... I was mostly the only one noticing. My friends wouldn't and still don't care the slightest. I'm not even sure if they notice I'm slimmer than before or whatever. And to be honest? They're the healthy ones. They eat what they want, the walk, they're more or less fit. And they don't think at every time of the day if they're fat or if they friends get fat or slimmer. I think they just have a very healthy relationship with food and life. And to be honest? With me as well. I'm happier if I don't have to be concerned with what my friends think of my fat.

My problem were always my parents. They keep dieting, or eating loads then dieting and speak about diets and how much I eat, how little they eat... They notice every single change in me. It doesn't prove they care, it doesn't prove anything... except they have a seriously poor relationship with food and they passed that onto me.

I'm finally starting to get over that (thankfully), but for me friends will always be those who don't even notice that because I'm there with them, eating, laughing with them and that's just good enough.

With that I mean.. you don't have to explain anything if you want. Heck, you don't even have to care with what they think. It's your body, your concern.
Actually, you sure you aren't the one over thinking that? I think most of the times I thought I had to explain myself, it was just me. I thought other people were thinking how fat I got, but it was just in my head. Most people are too concerned about themselves to notice or care about those kind of things. You might be just too conscious of your body to see that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: a picture says a thousand words
(12-22-2014 03:39 PM)Nadoriel Wrote:  I dunno. I always had "fat" issues in my life. The weird thing is... I was mostly the only one noticing. My friends wouldn't and still don't care the slightest. I'm not even sure if they notice I'm slimmer than before or whatever. And to be honest? They're the healthy ones. They eat what they want, the walk, they're more or less fit. And they don't think at every time of the day if they're fat or if they friends get fat or slimmer. I think they just have a very healthy relationship with food and life. And to be honest? With me as well. I'm happier if I don't have to be concerned with what my friends think of my fat.

My problem were always my parents. They keep dieting, or eating loads then dieting and speak about diets and how much I eat, how little they eat... They notice every single change in me. It doesn't prove they care, it doesn't prove anything... except they have a seriously poor relationship with food and they passed that onto me.

I'm finally starting to get over that (thankfully), but for me friends will always be those who don't even notice that because I'm there with them, eating, laughing with them and that's just good enough.

With that I mean.. you don't have to explain anything if you want. Heck, you don't even have to care with what they think. It's your body, your concern.
Actually, you sure you aren't the one over thinking that? I think most of the times I thought I had to explain myself, it was just me. I thought other people were thinking how fat I got, but it was just in my head. Most people are too concerned about themselves to notice or care about those kind of things. You might be just too conscious of your body to see that.

Yeah you're right. i guess it's in my head, but i know it's still all to real. :-) i am probably the one overthinking it, for sure. I can't help it. i am hitting a new low. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step -- Lao Tzu hannah77 291 207,681 09-04-2017 05:07 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke