Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Something new
02-05-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Something new
Still here. Still reading. Still around the same weight. (196 weds. 199 Sat). Wish I was lower but....

Lifting is back. Running full body with scheduled deloads every 4 weeks. Still going to WW for meetings. Scale fluctuations still bugging me.

New fit bit (charge 2) is showing higher burns than my flex so I'll be data gathering.

My body is showing good things. Clothes seem to be fitting slightly looser but not down a size (size 10's still i the drawer).

Controlling what I can control.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Good to see you! You can control what you eat, you can control your workouts, but you can't control the scale. Just like I said on Facebook, ditch the bastard!

Clothes feeling loser and fitting better is HUGE, better than any scale change. Keep doing what you are doing, except for the weighting yourself part.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
02-05-2017, 08:14 PM
(02-05-2017 11:18 AM)kmac1196 Wrote:  Still here. Still reading. Still around the same weight. (196 weds. 199 Sat). Wish I was lower but....

Lifting is back. Running full body with scheduled deloads every 4 weeks. Still going to WW for meetings. Scale fluctuations still bugging me.

New fit bit (charge 2) is showing higher burns than my flex so I'll be data gathering.

My body is showing good things. Clothes seem to be fitting slightly looser but not down a size (size 10's still i the drawer).

Controlling what I can control.

We are close to the same weight, the scale yoyoing is beyond frustrating isn't it? Sometimes we need to let go off all control, holding on to control can sometimes mess everything up. Focus on the positives like you are, you are doing amazing!!!

No old roads lead to new destinations.
02-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Have not weighed. That's a good thing.

I keep hearing something in my head that I heard a while back (can't remember who said it).....losing weight is not your life's mission ...it's just not. You were not put here for this struggle...let it go.

So I'd like to put this all on the back burner and get back to living. I lift because I love it and I know it's good for me. I eat healthy foods that I love because my body and health require it. I walk because it will keep me alive and healthy well into old age (God willing) and it gives me mental health and a wonderful time with my husband/best friend. I also enjoy special occasion foods and drinks when they are offered and I want to enjoy them...not just because they're there. I don't undereat or over eat and I trust myself to not be out of control with eating because I am not going to deprive myself to that point. This has taken up far too much space in my head and heart and life.

Not one person cares about what I weigh or look like....only me. So...moving on and trying to find some other things to enjoy!
02-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Omg, this is HUGE! And, no, losing weight should never be your mission in life! I love that you are focusing on living rather than on losing weight, that is a big breakthrough! The fact that your clothes are fitting a tad loser shows that your body is responding to what is going on. Giving yourself permission to be happy and enjoy life is a very important step! Kudos!

Can I share you NSV's with the EM2WL fam?

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
02-09-2017, 09:53 AM
LOL Yes but I swear credit should be given to someone.....I just forget who. I listen to a lot of podcasts.