Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Metabolism Reset Group
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Metabolism Reset Group
I am in the extreme exhaustion stage I think. I usually go for my runs at 5 in the morning before my daycare kiddos arrive and I haven't been able to get out the door for a week. I've been wondering if it's this heat or some stress going on in my life that's draining me, but maybe it's exhaustion from increased metabolism. I'm dragging so much. All I want to do is sleep and there's no time in my day for me to nap. I hope this lifts shortly because I want to get back to my running.

I'm in the middle of week six. Hopefully my energy stabilizes soon. I'm thinking I probably should wait until my energy stabilizes before cutting. So while my plan is to cut after eight weeks, if I'm still feeling this fatigue I will continue until the fatigue lifts.

I've been working on doing better with macros. It seems that I'm always over on fat and under on protein. I do eat a lot of good fat, but I know that a little too much indulgence has started to creep in during my reset. It's easy to mentally slip into a careless state of mind, which is of course, how weight is gained in the first place. I want to make sure that I know how to eat at maintenance in a way that allows occasional indulgence, but still full of mindfulness about what's going in my body most of the time. This reset is a time to practice that and the last week has not been great. So I will continue to work on that!

Crystal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
My problem is carbs... Im usually really good at staying at my levels for fat and protein, or pretty close, but Carbs Im almost always over on.. MOst of htem are the "right" carbs, so Im not horribly worried, but there is room for improvement there...

Funny thing was at my Cut, I had no trouble staying under my carb levelhappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I do feel like I'm doing worse at TDEE than I did at cut. It's terrible. I'm trying not to feel this way, but I feel like I've developed this "Eh - whatever" attitude since I know I need to eat so much at TDEE. I'm trying to nip that in the bud. I think the not running right now is making that worse. I feel like everything falls into place more when I'm working out and logging. Next week it will hopefully be business as usual with my workouts, so I'm thinking it will help me get through this funk!

Crystal
07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi guys

Sorry, for not being around much on here. I didn't feel very well the last few days and as with others discussed it turns out that weeks 5/6 of the reset seems to be critical for many of us.

I just felt horrible the last few days. I was an emotional wrack too, which is so unlike me.

But I feel a bit better today. Hope it's going to last

Hope you are all good
07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Crystal, i know what you mean. I have found Ive had a number of days where Ive had more of a "oh well" mentality and choose something high cal and not so good for me, just because I can.. I know its part of the reason why the scale has gone up a bit more in the last two weeks as well..
Hopefully we can survive this last push and be ready and raring to go for cut..

Evelyn, hope you are doing better now..

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Evelyn and Raynn - whew - we are in the final stretch. But it seems like we all feel like it's been rough this past few weeks. I'm hoping that my energy picks up next week. I need it to. I do wonder if my food choices is part of the energy lag also. It's harder for me to eat healthy when I'm not losing weight - which is really stupid because I will need to continue to eat healthy when I'm at maintenance so that this is for life! I've been craving chocolate nonstop the past few weeks. I'm not sure why. I'd like to chalk it up to fatigue, stress, and hormones...lol. Either way, I need to learn how to deal since I will encounter all of those things once I've reached my goal weight!

Crystal
07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I like to think of it as a "test" run for what the challenges will be like at maintenance when the time comes. But at least the good thing is, we will have many more attempts at TDEE to make sure we are better at eating the right things..
I was doing really well with it, until the 5-6 week mark, and then the scale jumped a little and my mindset shifted from losing weight to getting in my cals.. and the wrong choices were certainly made. It asnt all bad for me but I was(am) making choices I know I shouldnt be, but I think I also see it as a last "free for all" before the cut happens.. But you're right, its stupid to think like that if we have to eat at TDEE when we finish..

two more weeks.. two more weekshappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM
We're getting so close. This morning I woke up and had energy. I ran!!! It felt WONDERFUL!!!!! I'm decluttering my counters. Woot! I'm also trying to move away from meats I've decided. This is a newer focus for me. It will definitely be gradual, so this is of course going to add in new challenges for me as far as eating at TDEE and cut!

What week am I in again? I think ending week six or am I on week seven? Oh...looked up above. I'm on week seven. One and a half more weeks.

I haven't measured in forever because it just seems kind of pointless right now. I'd love to get away from the scale more, but I kind of like tracking the number. I don't get upset about jumps though. I know they're part of the process and in my case they're usually sodium related and go away if I have a lower sodium day.

How often do you guys plan to measure/ weigh in when you start your cut? And how often are you going to take pictures?

Crystal
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I plan to weigh myself weekly after CUT and then measure and take pics monthly along with my NROLFW. So once a month on those. I just started my CUT after 5 weeks reset. I can' t wait for the 1st weigh in. But, I also know not to expect much and to be patient.
07-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted on MFP cos honestly it was a bit overwhelming. I'm just starting out. I'm heading into a move in the next two months and have decided to do the metabolism reset for at least 8 weeks. What an absolutely terrifying concept...eating more than 1200 calories a day! I tossed my scale six weeks ago, so I won't have any way to judge what eating above normal is going to to do weight wise. I'm coming from an already healthy eating mindset, good fats, lots of protein, unrefined carbs...it's just that total calorie number that I'll have to get used to. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more on this part of my journey!

They call me AmyB Heart Learning to love myself like I love my friends and family.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metabolism reset and regret, ugh nsrn1616 15 14,371 08-01-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Week 11 Metabolism Reset, where should I go from here? MaryGold 4 6,712 04-08-2015 03:43 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  2013 Metabolism Reset Group amazegirl 9 14,515 04-18-2013 10:04 PM
Last Post: amazegirl