Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Metabolism Reset Group
07-10-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Metabolism Reset Group
Hello everyone! Thought I'd take a gander in here and check in. I did a 6-week reset and today is Day 2 of my cut. I had gained 4 pounds and was pretty stable at TDEE for the last half of my reset. TDEE was 2400 and cut is 15% at 2040 approx. I think my body is starting to get pissed because it's giving me some headaches. There has already been a touch of water loss, which is fine, but I'd REALLY like to have a story like Kiki's where my weight doesn't move much and yet I'd lose inches and dress sizes. Ha ha ha! I wouldn't mind the weight coming down a bit as well, at least back to where I was pre-reset. It's still too early to measure huge progress in this cut, so I'll be posting again by week's end with hopefully better results.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Keep at it!
07-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Crystal, COngrats on running today!! I know you have been struggling to get back out there. Sounds like the haze is lifting for you!
Id love to run, but its beenn so freakin hot here this week, and I took a complete rest week.. 7 days solid of no "purposeful" exercisehappy.. it actually felt kind of good. I am supposed to be back at the gym tomorrow, but hubby has a meeting during the time I usually go, so no one to watch the kids..friday thenhappy..

I am planning on taking pics monthly, and weighing in once a week to start, then go from there..

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Hi Everyone!!!

I am in week 6 -- can't believe that I am nearly through this process. I am still battling some fatigue but it's not daily like it was last week. I am up about 5 pounds since the start (June 1st).

I am planning on starting with a 10% cut and re-starting P90X which is a mix of strength and cardio...I have been lifting heavy during my reset so I would like to see if I can start to see some definition happy.

Oh and I really want to be able to do a pull-up tongue

I am planning on pictures/measurements/weigh-in at the end of the reset and then pictures/measuremetns monthly and weigh in every 2 weeks....

I am still wondering what I am going to cut out of my eating big grin

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you're right"

---Henry Ford
07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi you guys. Just checking in quickly. Almost done with week 6 of the reset. Can't believe how quick time goes.
I am feeling a lot better these days. Weight is still up 10lbs, but I don't bother to be upset about it any longer. I will probably start to cut at 7 weeks, simply because our fasting month (Ramadan) is around the corner and I am not sure if I can fit in all the cals I should eat on TDEE. I will also go to a lower activity level, cause I wont be able to do crazy cardio sessions etc. I will try my best to keep the lifting and will try to do it in the evening just before breaking the fast. It's going to be long hours from sunrise to sunset without drinking and eating. But it also is the most spiritual time of the year for me. Looking forward to it.
Sorry, for that ramble
hope you are all well happy
07-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Ooh, Noor! So you're maintaining the 10lbs? That's great, though! Shows you're evening out on the reset. I hope you do well on your cut.

Anyway, I'm finally reaching 1500 calories (only 1 1/2 weeks into reset). I feel guilty every time I do, but I'm trying to overcome that. Apparently my TDEE is 1615 calories at sedentary, so I'll try to reach that... eventually. Seems like so much food, though, and such high calories. I'm afraid to set myself at "lightly active," as I don't want to over-estimate my intake. I weight lift 3~ times a week, for 30 minutes total in 10 minute intervals. However, I'm only lifting 12-20lb dumbbells (can't do much more, haha). So I dunno. I'll see how it goes as to whether or not I'll bump my calories or keep them as is for now. I know the "higher" the better (as long as you don't go overboard) whilst on a reset, but that's difficult to wrap my head around. tongue

I have such a long way to go! Scary.

MFP // Recipe Blog // DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
(07-12-2012 12:33 PM)Settuccini Wrote:  Ooh, Noor! So you're maintaining the 10lbs? That's great, though! Shows you're evening out on the reset. I hope you do well on your cut.

Anyway, I'm finally reaching 1500 calories (only 1 1/2 weeks into reset). I feel guilty every time I do, but I'm trying to overcome that. Apparently my TDEE is 1615 calories at sedentary, so I'll try to reach that... eventually. Seems like so much food, though, and such high calories. I'm afraid to set myself at "lightly active," as I don't want to over-estimate my intake. I weight lift 3~ times a week, for 30 minutes total in 10 minute intervals. However, I'm only lifting 12-20lb dumbbells (can't do much more, haha). So I dunno. I'll see how it goes as to whether or not I'll bump my calories or keep them as is for now. I know the "higher" the better (as long as you don't go overboard) whilst on a reset, but that's difficult to wrap my head around. tongue

I have such a long way to go! Scary.

Are you sure your TDEE is only 1615? That sound so low to me.
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 05:46 PM by Settuccini.)
I'm pretty certain! I'm only 5'2.5" and I'm 114-ish lbs. Perhaps a bit more, now that I've started this, but roughly around there. I'm 20 years old and would consider myself, at most, "lightly active."

MFP // Recipe Blog // DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 04:47 PM by curiousheathy.)
Alright, here is my update. (taken from the board on MFP)

I am on week 8 of the reset. Last week!

Start weight: 133 lb
Current weight: 140 lb D:
Gain: 8 lb
TDEE: 2280 (moderate since I work out 3-5 hours a week)

It started out great, eating at TDEE was easy. I filled up on good, clean foods. However, around week 6, I began feeling sluggish. When I say sluggish, I mean hard to get out of bed sluggish. I felt tired all the time. I started using rest days, but even after the fact I felt exhausted.

I know people have said they felt these symptoms too. Do these go away AFTER you begin the cut? Or does this mean I should stay with the reset longer???

Physical changes, it looks like my tummy got a bit bigger. My guess is water weight (and my TOM is around the corner). Clothes fit about the same. I haven't gotten out the tape measure yet. I will do that next week with the official start and end measurements of my reset.

Anyways, does anyone have and suggestion? With the weight gain and sluggishness, I'm starting to feel deflated and defeated. I use to be able to workout 5-6 days a week for AT LEAST 45 minutes. Now I struggle to do 30 minutes 4-5 days. Sad
07-15-2012, 02:43 AM
The more I read about EM2WL, your stories and progress, and the wise words from Kiki, the more I get the idea that I'm not 'reset material'. And I mean that in the good sense. Yes, I have done 3 foolish weeks of ~1000-1400 calories in February, but the rest of my weight loss journey has been on the sensible side of the scale (around 1800 calories, which is a bit above my BMR of 1760).
I seem to be quite stable around TDEE (2400), I'm bouncing a bit up and down but essentially in the same range. I only have issues with the amount of food when I don't plan out my food and try to cram too much protein in the afternoon. But no bloated feelings whatsoever.
More and more, I get the feeling I'm doing ok metabolically speaking, so I might treat this more as a diet break than a reset. What are your thoughts on that?
I think I might take one more week on TDEE, and also use the time to work on my macro's. Or is one week plenty as a diet break?
Sorry to put this in the reset thread, I'm not sure where else to ask.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metabolism reset and regret, ugh nsrn1616 15 14,388 08-01-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Week 11 Metabolism Reset, where should I go from here? MaryGold 4 6,727 04-08-2015 03:43 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  2013 Metabolism Reset Group amazegirl 9 14,530 04-18-2013 10:04 PM
Last Post: amazegirl