Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Metabolism Reset Group
07-15-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Metabolism Reset Group
(07-15-2012 02:43 AM)Carani Wrote:  The more I read about EM2WL, your stories and progress, and the wise words from Kiki, the more I get the idea that I'm not 'reset material'. And I mean that in the good sense. Yes, I have done 3 foolish weeks of ~1000-1400 calories in February, but the rest of my weight loss journey has been on the sensible side of the scale (around 1800 calories, which is a bit above my BMR of 1760).
I seem to be quite stable around TDEE (2400), I'm bouncing a bit up and down but essentially in the same range. I only have issues with the amount of food when I don't plan out my food and try to cram too much protein in the afternoon. But no bloated feelings whatsoever.
More and more, I get the feeling I'm doing ok metabolically speaking, so I might treat this more as a diet break than a reset. What are your thoughts on that?
I think I might take one more week on TDEE, and also use the time to work on my macro's. Or is one week plenty as a diet break?
Sorry to put this in the reset thread, I'm not sure where else to ask.

well if you have not been on low cals, and you are feeling good at TDEE, without bloating etc. and you don't feel stuffed, then I'd say try to go to your cut and see what happens. Hopefully it will all work out nicely happy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi you all!
My last week of reset has started, and I can't believe that it is almost over.
I have not even looked at my cut amount yet, so I don't even know, how much food I will have to cut out. I kinda got so used to eating that amount, that I am really happy where I am right now.
Will have to figure out my new activity level too, for the time of cut, since I will be fasting then. But the plan is, to keep the lifting up, just drop the cardio for this time. I will still be busy running around with the kids in the park, cause they will start there summer holidays exactly at that time too.
So, things are good. I am maintaining the 10 lbs I gained, eating happily my 2600. This week I had a few days,where I burnt around 3000cals, which is crazy.
Anyhow-hope my fellow resetter are all well and happy.
07-15-2012, 08:44 PM
(07-15-2012 01:25 PM)EvelynNoor Wrote:  Hi you all!
My last week of reset has started, and I can't believe that it is almost over.
I have not even looked at my cut amount yet, so I don't even know, how much food I will have to cut out. I kinda got so used to eating that amount, that I am really happy where I am right now.
Will have to figure out my new activity level too, for the time of cut, since I will be fasting then. But the plan is, to keep the lifting up, just drop the cardio for this time. I will still be busy running around with the kids in the park, cause they will start there summer holidays exactly at that time too.
So, things are good. I am maintaining the 10 lbs I gained, eating happily my 2600. This week I had a few days,where I burnt around 3000cals, which is crazy.
Anyhow-hope my fellow resetter are all well and happy.

Also starting week eight. I feel like the latter half of the reset went quicker than the first half. I got out for one run last week, which was better than no runs, but still not where I need/want to be right now. I really wanted to get in my long run this weekend. I'm actually trying to go in a few minutes. But our littlest has not been feeling well and he's clinging to me for dear life right now. So I may not make it out the door. I have a 7 mile race in two weeks and I just feel like I'm not going to be ready for it. Also I want to continue with my half training. I think the reset related fatigue (at least I think that's the source) hit my training extremely hard - especially since I have to be up at 5:00am in order to get my run in before daycare kiddos arrive. I'm hoping this week things get back to normal for me.

I'm up a bit more right now. I'm attributing that to too much birthday cake this week, not enough logging this week, and less activity than usual. I look forward to resuming the weight loss. But I know my "Eh...whatever" attitude that I'm struggling with is going to have to go if I'm going to be successful at cut!

Crystal
07-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I am a day or two behind starting week 8... Cannot honestly believe we are finally here. I had never planned on doing the full 8.. I was going to cut at 4.. Now here I amhappy...
I am looking forward to getting the show on the road. Im dying to see my lifting progress and see what muscles have been built underneath, and Im still scared sh!tless of nothing happening for me. But IM ready... Im so ready to move on to the next phase.

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Wohooo seems a whole bunch of us will be starting to cut next week happy
Just wanted to thank you all again for being so supportive during these weeks.
You all rock!
07-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Wow, seems like it went by so fast!

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Good afternoon resetters! I'm mid-reset and have a recurring problem I can't seem to solve. I can never hit my macros. For example, today, after logging all of my food, I'm over on every category and still have 500 calories to get in somewhere.

Do you guys just not sweat the macro overage or do you manage to stay at the macro numbers?

Congrats on those who are finishing!!! I'm about half way there, depending on when I decide to cut.
07-16-2012, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 06:21 PM by Raynn.)
I worried more about getting in the calories first, then I worried about marcos. I concentrate the most on Protein... if I can get as close to my protein target as I can, then I dont worry about it. I do try to stay at my numbers, but overall you cant be perfect daily... happy

If I have to go over on any of them, Id rather go over on protein

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
I agree with Raynn. It's hard to worry about everything all at once. Start with getting your calories in consistently, then tweak the macros. I'm still learning how to tweak my macros. I have a ways to go in that respect! The hardest part of the reset is the beginning I think. It seems like the last half of the reset kind of flies. Here's to hoping that it goes fast for you!

Crystal
07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Started week 8 yesterday. I feel much better. Energy is back and so is the motivation. It looks like the weight gain has stopped for the most part and I am holding strong. I have the "luck" of starting my cut next week during my TOM... Great hahahaha. I will push through though! I am getting excited about next week though!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metabolism reset and regret, ugh nsrn1616 15 14,388 08-01-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Week 11 Metabolism Reset, where should I go from here? MaryGold 4 6,727 04-08-2015 03:43 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  2013 Metabolism Reset Group amazegirl 9 14,530 04-18-2013 10:04 PM
Last Post: amazegirl