Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Metabolism Reset Group
07-22-2012, 09:59 AM
RE: Metabolism Reset Group
One more week for me. I joined MFP in Feb after getting no where with WW (after losing almost 80 and gaining 10 or so back while still following the plan). I gained about 5 pounds between Feb and 6/2 (coming from an average of 1040 cal and upping it to about 1400 cal). I started reset on 6/2 and upped my cals to 1800 and gained 4 pounds during the last 7 weeks of reset. But I seem to be hovering around the 155 mark so I think I'm ready for the cut.

Susan
Confused OMG - I used to eat how little?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2012, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 11:30 AM by Settuccini.)
Hi guys! After thinking it over (and getting input from the always-helpful Noor), I've decided that instead of already being on week three of reset, I'm actually only on week two (fixing to be at week three tomorrow, though). Reason being is that the first week, I was still hovering around 1000-1200 calories, trying to figure out how to get to my TDEE of 1650. So! Technically, two weeks in of consistently eating properly for my height and body weight. Yikes! Six more to go. big grin

Yippee, skbarton! One more week. Yeah, I'd say if you're starting to maintain consistently that it's cut time! Good luck on your last week. happy

Hope everyone is doing well!

MFP // Recipe Blog // DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Its my last DAY on reset!!!! Cant wait to begin cutting tomorrow. Scared to lose about 400 cals a day, but sooo excited to get this fat loss train moving again!!

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Posted this at MFP and wanted to add it here since we are transitioning...

OK guys - here I go... Started my reset on 6/2. For the first 4 weeks I was doing Leslie Sansone for 30 - 60 minutes 3 days a week and then some strength training for 30 minutes 2 days a week (alternating them). Then it got hot (I know - great excuse, right?) and I decided to use my Fitbit to get a better idea of what my TDEE is with just regular day-to-day activities. I now know that my truly lazy do nothing days I will burn around 1550 and on workdays I burn between 1750-1800. I am going to base my cut off of 1750 and aim for 1500 which is about 15%. This fits in somewhat with Fat2Fit which says that for a goal weight of 125 pounds and a sedentary lifestyle, I should eat 1500. Scooby says for a 15% calorie reduction I should eat 1415 calories with a sedentary lifestyle, 1622 with a lightly active lifestyle.

I have gained 6.2 pounds since 6/2/12 and 11.6 pounds since 4/21/12. I am going to add back in the exercise (heat be damned). My tested BMR is 1280 so if I burn more than 220 calories with exercise I'll eat back to my BMR. I'm so excited to start this next phase of my weight loss journey!

Susan
07-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey guys. I'm fixing to be on my fourth legit week of reset. I'm struggling a bit now, with the weight gain, not to mention I injured one of my shoulders and haven't been able to work-out for a week. I've been having a REALLY tough time this last week, stressing out, crying, just generally depressed. It's really hard to focus on the positives, whenever the negatives are so blatant and in-your-face all the time. To make things worse, while I've been avoiding the scale, I have to go to the doctor's on the 31st for my thyroid, and they'll certainly weigh me then. Sad I've contemplated just not looking, which is the direction I think I'm going to go in. Seeing it will be way too much of a trigger and cause me to break down.

Good news is the bloat is starting to let up, and I'm also experiencing hunger every now and then. At nights, especially, after my calories are all used up. Still, really have not been too positive lately. A lot of the posts on the MFP EM2WL boards have been really discouraging and basically hinting that it's "not working." I can't help but think the same will happen to me.

Anyway, hope to soon be able to get back into exercising. This shoulder thing is getting me down. Also, sorry for complaining. Sad

MFP // Recipe Blog // DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
(07-29-2012 10:13 AM)Settuccini Wrote:  Hey guys. I'm fixing to be on my fourth legit week of reset. I'm struggling a bit now, with the weight gain, not to mention I injured one of my shoulders and haven't been able to work-out for a week. I've been having a REALLY tough time this last week, stressing out, crying, just generally depressed. It's really hard to focus on the positives, whenever the negatives are so blatant and in-your-face all the time. To make things worse, while I've been avoiding the scale, I have to go to the doctor's on the 31st for my thyroid, and they'll certainly weigh me then. Sad I've contemplated just not looking, which is the direction I think I'm going to go in. Seeing it will be way too much of a trigger and cause me to break down.

Good news is the bloat is starting to let up, and I'm also experiencing hunger every now and then. At nights, especially, after my calories are all used up. Still, really have not been too positive lately. A lot of the posts on the MFP EM2WL boards have been really discouraging and basically hinting that it's "not working." I can't help but think the same will happen to me.

Anyway, hope to soon be able to get back into exercising. This shoulder thing is getting me down. Also, sorry for complaining. Sad

At least your excuse is valid - better than my "it got hot." big grin

I went in for my annual last week and I had the same thought of I don't want to get on that scale, I don't want to see it, etc... But I did it and I owned it knowing that I am also working on it and working for my future of eating reasonably and not doing yo-yo dieting.

Hang in there - the shoulder will get better, you will be able to exercise again at the level you were and we are here to support you!

Susan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metabolism reset and regret, ugh nsrn1616 15 14,388 08-01-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Week 11 Metabolism Reset, where should I go from here? MaryGold 4 6,727 04-08-2015 03:43 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  2013 Metabolism Reset Group amazegirl 9 14,530 04-18-2013 10:04 PM
Last Post: amazegirl