Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VEGAN
07-19-2012, 01:54 PM
VEGAN
I am struggling a bit with my macros of 40/30/30 with being vegan.
Most of vegan protein lke beans/lentils comes with fairly high carbs and other sources like nuts/seeds come with fairly high fat.
I am reaching it every day but only by throwing in a couple of soya protein shakes.
Do you think this is ok?
Thank you lovely EM2LW FORUM peeps Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 05:02 AM
RE: VEGAN
I'm veggie not vegan but still struggle to get all my protein. I have to top up with shakes whilst also trying to get my protein from a wide variety of other sources (nuts, seeds, legumes, pulses, soy 'meat' products, seitan and of course I also have eggs and dairy).

Without the shakes I would be spending an absolute fortune on tofu and would also probably be getting fed up with eating so much of it! I think the shakes are fine to supplement your diet, as I'm sure most of the EM2WL fam will agree.
07-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey there, I actually found quite a few vegan items I added to the EM2WL store. My bff is vegan and wow, it is amazing to adhere to the diet so my hats off to you! I made it a point to look for vegan items that you will find in the supplements section...hope this helps!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
07-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Figured I should throw the link in there...lol http://eatmore2weighless.com/shop/

I will add a "Vegetarian/Vegan" section in there as soon as I get some time. Right now the Supplement->Protein section has quite a bit of stuff. But I think it will be easier to put it all together in one spot!

Just give me a little time...it is on the list!

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
07-20-2012, 11:44 AM
(07-20-2012 11:31 AM)Lucia Wrote:  Figured I should throw the link in there...lol http://eatmore2weighless.com/shop/

I will add a "Vegetarian/Vegan" section in there as soon as I get some time. Right now the Supplement->Protein section has quite a bit of stuff. But I think it will be easier to put it all together in one spot!

Just give me a little time...it is on the list!

You are too kind.Heart
I think my life is kinda busy but I would hate to see your list!
07-20-2012, 12:15 PM
LOL...

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vegetarian and/or Vegan with kids - looking for advice! CrystalFueled 2 3,526 01-03-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: Pepperjackk