Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
08-15-2017, 09:20 AM
RE: Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
That article makes me glad my doc put me on NDT. I hope you find a good doc who actually treats you based on symptoms!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Finally, feel like I'm getting somewhere. Went to Edinburgh last week to see a private Endocrinologist. Lovely man, and actually listened to me. He recommended a trial of 10mcg of T3. In the UK T3 has ben subject to a huge price increase and therefore has made it's way on to an NHS list along with a load of other medicines for a consultation on to be deprescribed. It is marked as effective, but costly, and that there are effective alternatives (t4!thinking ) All other medicines on that list can be bought over the counter except t3!

So he says, well my GP wrote to him asking for his advice and that is what he shall do, putting the ball in her court as to whether it will be prescribed. He gave me his email address so I could contact him if they said no and to keep him updated on how i'm feeling. Today I saw a GP and she okayed the prescription happy so I get my 2 month trial, but with this consultation due to end in Oct I may not get anymore. My NDT has arrived in case it all goes tits up.
08-24-2017, 11:08 AM
I am so thrilled to hear that you got to see someone who listened to you and is willing to work with you!!! When do you start the trial?

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
08-25-2017, 05:51 AM
This morning! Could have took it last night when I take my thyroxine but some people say it it keeps them a wake. Nothing startling to report this morning but a dare say I need it to build up in my system and any changes will be gradual. Fingers crossed.
08-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Fingers and toes crossed for you, West!

Team EM2WL
09-01-2017, 04:42 AM
Hi West :-) ... it is probably still early days yet but have you noticed any positive changes?
09-02-2017, 03:55 AM
(09-01-2017 04:42 AM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Hi West :-) ... it is probably still early days yet but have you noticed any positive changes?

Not really.

Think I got my hopes up too high and it would be this overnight miracle Blush Even though the Endo said that t3 work for some people and the GP reiterated that it was more likely to be a slow burn of gradual improvements over the weeks.

So i'm keeping a diary of symptoms, basal body temp etc and how I feel. According to fitbit i'm sleeping better the last couple of nights, still a bloody struggle to get out of bed though. BBT is a little bit lower than it was without t3. So I don't know if t3 is not for me or if I need more.
09-03-2017, 04:57 AM
I hope it works for you West...have you heard of rT3? Sometimes your body turns a lot of your t4 into rt3, which opposes the action of t3. I think this is what happened to me after prolonged diet and chronic exercise. So when i started t3+t4, i got nowhere cause i was still making rt3. I didn't see any results till i went to t3 only....but then i wasnt very patient...maybe if I'd given it longer....but i was still stsrving myself and running.
09-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I have heard of rT3. My understanding is the body gets rid of excess t4 by converting it into reverse t3. By excess I mean when free t4 is near the top of the range or over. In my case my free t4 is near the bottom of the range so I don't think i'm making a lot of rT3. My Endo left my t4 medication the same, he did for a split second think about reducing it but didn't. I have a blood test in 5 weeks so will hopefully see what is going on. Fingers crossed t3 isn't just pooling in my blood and my body is actually putting it to use. Also got to think about all the damage it has to repair after years of scraping the bottom of the reference range. Research leads me to believe that free t3 needs to be in the upper quartile of the range for hypo people to feel better.
09-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Hey West,
Are you joining us in the free Crush the Diet Bootcamp? Here is the link if you haven't joined yet:
http://www.crushthediet.com

Team EM2WL