Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
08-31-2018, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2018 11:53 AM by West.)
RE: Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
No, haven't touched my camera but hopefully that will soon change.

Also had some other good news today regarding Dexa scan back in January!

Lumbar spine T score of +1.7
Femoral neck, T score +0.1

Previous results from 2009 both T scores were -2.4.

The letter goes on to say: "In fact, the lumbar spine measurement was well above average for a lady in her 30's. I have no concerns about bone loss from thyroid therapy" Boom boom!

This graphic should help understand the numbers.

[Image: t-score_image-820x491.png]

I'm over the moon. I know bone density is really hard to build, esp after I lost most of mine in mid to late 20's (a time when a lot of bone mass is put down before the age of 30 to sustain you for the rest of your life) So really I was losing it at the wrong time Sad But thumbs up to resistance training and good diet. #squats #deadlifts #edrecovery

I've been eating at maintenance since my post back in June (?) so weight has just been the usual fluctuations and sticking with my strength programme: warm up sets, working sets and then a few sets at 50% of 1rm for technical practice. I'm supposed to do accessory work to compliment the lifts but I don't. So I've been sticking with the least amount of work based on how I felt.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2018, 08:45 PM
Hey West, that is really great news. Well done for keeping up with strength/resistance training. It must feel really good to be out of the other side of that uncertain and frustrating time you had health wise. :-)

(08-31-2018 11:52 AM)West Wrote:  No, haven't touched my camera but hopefully that will soon change.

Also had some other good news today regarding Dexa scan back in January!

Lumbar spine T score of +1.7
Femoral neck, T score +0.1

Previous results from 2009 both T scores were -2.4.

The letter goes on to say: "In fact, the lumbar spine measurement was well above average for a lady in her 30's. I have no concerns about bone loss from thyroid therapy" Boom boom!

This graphic should help understand the numbers.

[Image: t-score_image-820x491.png]

I'm over the moon. I know bone density is really hard to build, esp after I lost most of mine in mid to late 20's (a time when a lot of bone mass is put down before the age of 30 to sustain you for the rest of your life) So really I was losing it at the wrong time Sad But thumbs up to resistance training and good diet. #squats #deadlifts #edrecovery

I've been eating at maintenance since my post back in June (?) so weight has just been the usual fluctuations and sticking with my strength programme: warm up sets, working sets and then a few sets at 50% of 1rm for technical practice. I'm supposed to do accessory work to compliment the lifts but I don't. So I've been sticking with the least amount of work based on how I felt.
09-02-2018, 08:36 AM
(08-31-2018 08:45 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Hey West, that is really great news. Well done for keeping up with strength/resistance training. It must feel really good to be out of the other side of that uncertain and frustrating time you had health wise. :-)

You bet, I'm the happiest i've been in a long time.
09-16-2018, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 08:36 AM by West.)
I'm taking a break from strength train phase and move back to more hypertrophy for a few months.

Current lifts
Deadlift 122.5kg (270lbs)
Squat 82.5kg (182lbs)
Bench 62.5kg (138lbs)

I'm particularly happy with my squat, as twice I had to take it right back to basics with just an empty bar because I wasn't happy with movement pattern / depth / technique etc but now it feels really good. So much so I'm confidently starting sets of 8 with 70kg and build from there.

I'm also using chalk for deadlift rather than straps for most of my lifts, i'm surprised how well it has gone up to 115 kg using chalk.

Don't ever be afraid to take a lift right back to basics.

Looking forward to 3/4 sets of 8