Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
11-24-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
I cannot image how frustrating this is, West! ((((((HUGS))))))))

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2017, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 05:52 AM by West.)
GP has booked me in for a dexa scan. She is worried about my suppressed TSH and even more so after finding the results of a previous dexa scan in 2008 which was borderline on normal. Now that was done when I was anorexic so I'm hoping that there has been some significant improvement due to not being anorexic anymore, protection of oestrogen since my periods restarted and most of all weightlifting. Fingers crossed.

She also asked me how much I weighed I told her 74kg but she didn't believe me she thought I was exaggerating you know due to "distorted mindset of an anorexic" she made me step on the scales and indeed I was more or less right. Must be muscle creating the deception winkwinkwink
12-02-2017, 10:21 AM
What’s not to love about muscle deception?! Who cares about the number on the scale, right?! My in-laws are always asking if I don’t eat enough and if all I do is workout. If they only knew how much I eat and that I’m not a cardio bunny... I tell them, but they don’t believe.

Let us know how the dexa goes!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
12-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Got my date through for the Dexa scan - 18th Jan! Thats quick for the NHS, I was expecting at least 3 months. I'm really hoping for some significant improvement but I can't find anything reassuringly positive online. Fingers crossed.
12-18-2017, 04:49 PM
(12-15-2017 03:42 PM)West Wrote:  Got my date through for the Dexa scan - 18th Jan! Thats quick for the NHS, I was expecting at least 3 months. I'm really hoping for some significant improvement but I can't find anything reassuringly positive online. Fingers crossed.

Hope it goes really well West and that it does show significant improvement for you :-) ... I am thinking I may do one each year to check where I am too.
12-23-2017, 12:43 PM
(12-18-2017 04:49 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Hope it goes really well West and that it does show significant improvement for you :-) ... I am thinking I may do one each year to check where I am too.

Do you have a past one to compare it to? In 2009, mine said to have it repeated in 5 years, so 2014. But with moving house in 2014 I got a bit of grace, in 2015 I found em2wl. Fate maybe...... Still it feels daunting.
01-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Gonna set myself a little challenge. I haven't done pull ups for over a year, think 8 was my best, so gonna aim to do 15 in the next ten weeks. It should be doable, my starting point is 5 (as tested earlier)
01-11-2018, 05:47 PM
You go girl!
01-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Great idea :-) and 5 chin-ups is a fabulous starting place!

I just realised I didn't reply to your last post. I had my first dexa scan in June 2017 so next time I will have something to compare to. I would like to shrink a few fat cells before I get it done though - so hoping I have a successful cut soon and then I will get another scan done.

Were you happy with your scan?
01-12-2018, 04:58 AM
(01-11-2018 06:06 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Great idea :-) and 5 chin-ups is a fabulous starting place!

I just realised I didn't reply to your last post. I had my first dexa scan in June 2017 so next time I will have something to compare to. I would like to shrink a few fat cells before I get it done though - so hoping I have a successful cut soon and then I will get another scan done.

Were you happy with your scan?

Was your Dexa scan for body fat?

Unfortunately mine was to test the old bones due to anorexia. So mine was borderline. Overall body wasn't too bad at -0.6 (-1 to +number is good) However, my femurs were -2.1 (-1 to -2.5) is osteopenia the stage before osteoporosis which -2.5 and greater.

So hoping for some improvement.