Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
01-12-2018, 08:54 AM
RE: Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
Good thing you are lifting which is of great help to slow down osteopenia!

15 pull-ups is an awesome goal! 5 pull-ups is pretty darn good for a start, dang, girl!my pull-up game is t all that. Funny how I could do more a few years ago (or at least I thought), but my upper body strength still has a way to go.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2018, 12:31 AM
Yes, my Dexa scan was for body fat. I wouldn't mind seeing if I can include bones for next time also though to give me a benchmark for them as well.

Wow! Is it unusual for femurs to show lower first? Hopefully next time will show improvement.
01-15-2018, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 12:33 PM by West.)
(01-15-2018 12:31 AM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Yes, my Dexa scan was for body fat. I wouldn't mind seeing if I can include bones for next time also though to give me a benchmark for them as well.

Wow! Is it unusual for femurs to show lower first? Hopefully next time will show improvement.

I don't know Sad From what I can gather it is usually the hip and spine where it first starts to show. I reckon that would be the case if you were genetically predisposed to Osteoporosis. Here's my take, using no technical words and very little knowledge: during severe cases of anorexia when the body needs *stuff* then surely the biggest bones in the body would be the best place to *rob* it from. As it is the biggest bone it will retain some strength, whereas if it went for loads of little bones they would be easily weakened. So for short term measures the biggest bones are the best option.

Thats probably totally wrong rolling on the floor I have a list of questions I need to ask on Thursday, hopefully they will be able to help.
01-16-2018, 08:43 AM
Actually it does make sense! Like having bad teeth after pregnancies. The body will definitely get calcium from the stores available. That is definitely true for protein, if we don’t eat enough, it pulls it from the muscles.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/