Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
04-12-2018, 05:26 PM
RE: Hoping this is the best decision I have ever made.....
Thanks for that info about Oestrogen an progesterone. It certainly answers some questions. So much great information is available now and it makes sense to use it. I would love to hear about the results of your experiment. Even with an irregular cycle it may make a difference.

Soooo frustrating about your Endo. Though from a lot of my reading of patient experiences it does seem that the majority of them are similar. I think that this is how they are taught and unless they experience something themselves they just do what they are taught.

It is an enormously difficult decision and it takes courage to take control of your health - especially when some of the symptoms like lack of concentration, foggy brain and fatigue may be so debilitating.

There is a really great TED talk by Peter Attia who is a Dr in America. I really admire him doing this talk - it takes courage and integrity. It goes for 20 minutes and he pretty much said that until he had issues in a certain area which for him was increasing weight gain that he wasn't able to fix with the medical model he used he would tell his patients it was because they weren't complying with the regime properly. It is just so frustrating that you can't find someone in close proximity to you who thinks outside the current medical model. They would probably have an enormous waiting list though.

Hope it goes really well switching to NDT and you find it enormously successful.

I haven't noticed Tipularia on Facebook but she may call herself something different or just be a member and not post.

How are your chin-ups going? I started back in October/November and am now up to around 14 which I am so happy about. Increasing my chin-ups is such a slow process and if I miss a week I seem to go backwards but I am pretty happy with what I have achieved so far - most I have ever been able to do. I thought that once I reach 15 I may start to add weight - I saw someone use a backpack with some weights in it and thought it was a good idea rather than just continually increasing the number I can do.

And, have you sold any of your photos? How is that part of your life going?

Have a really great day :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2018, 01:23 PM
(04-12-2018 05:26 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Thanks for that info about Oestrogen an progesterone. It certainly answers some questions. So much great information is available now and it makes sense to use it. I would love to hear about the results of your experiment. Even with an irregular cycle it may make a difference.

I do have an irregular cycle which can be anything from 26 to 34 days currently. So the first part of my challenge is identifying that “fourth” week effectively. I have noticed that my average resting heart rate tends to drop for three, 4 days prior to period starting. Now this would be highly useful, if it happened every time, but very randomly it only drops once my period has started. This month it has also given me a red herring as it started to drop and then popped back right back up and more. It has however started to drop again and coupled with the info from this mornings lifting session, hopefully I'll be closer to accurately identifying the "fourth week". My current resting HR is 49 so i’m fairly confident it is imminent.

(04-12-2018 05:26 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  How are your chin-ups going? I started back in October/November and am now up to around 14 which I am so happy about. Increasing my chin-ups is such a slow process and if I miss a week I seem to go backwards but I am pretty happy with what I have achieved so far - most I have ever been able to do. I thought that once I reach 15 I may start to add weight - I saw someone use a backpack with some weights in it and thought it was a good idea rather than just continually increasing the number I can do.

It was doing the chin ups that I clicked that the 4th week being weaker for me. I went from struggling to crank out 10, then the following week where 9 felt absolutely easy.

I’m stuck on 13 and have been for a while. I have used a backpack to add weight, but what I did was shove 15kg in and just focussed on doing as many slow negatives as I could. I have never actually added weight and done traditional pull ups. Like you, when I get to 15 I may try that, but I agree you have to be persistent with them, and progress seems to be slow.

It seems to be only us two around here! How you getting on?
04-18-2018, 05:18 AM
It does seem like we are dwindling over here. I meant to write October/November 2016 for my start date. I have had a few small breaks since then and my reps go down but even with being super consistent increasing the reps is slow going. And I definitely notice I struggle some days so I will see if there is any pattern.

I am actually going really well at the moment. I have made some progress with fat loss and am pretty much back to my happy size. I fit into all my clothes and feel comfortable. I actually do feel that the EFT and specifically working with the book I mentioned and continuing to do EFT around other issues has made a big difference. I spent all of 2016 and 2017 a few kgs and cms bigger than I like to be.

And I am in my 2nd year of a part-time Diploma of Counselling which I love. I finish at the end of the year and am hoping to get work in this area. Have you done any photography lately?
04-18-2018, 09:10 AM
West, you chin-ups do impress me, seriously!

Thanks for sharing the info on the difference on how much weaker or stronger we are according to our hormonal fluctuations. Guys don’t deal with that, but we do and it can make a big difference in our training. i read Rachel Cosgrove’s book and she talks about that. I do feel strongerduring my period.

Have you tried sending Tipularia a dm? Maybe it will get through her email. I’m not sure if she’s on the Facebook group.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
04-29-2018, 04:03 AM
(04-18-2018 05:18 AM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  It does seem like we are dwindling over here. I meant to write October/November 2016 for my start date. I have had a few small breaks since then and my reps go down but even with being super consistent increasing the reps is slow going. And I definitely notice I struggle some days so I will see if there is any pattern.

I am actually going really well at the moment. I have made some progress with fat loss and am pretty much back to my happy size. I fit into all my clothes and feel comfortable. I actually do feel that the EFT and specifically working with the book I mentioned and continuing to do EFT around other issues has made a big difference. I spent all of 2016 and 2017 a few kgs and cms bigger than I like to be.

And I am in my 2nd year of a part-time Diploma of Counselling which I love. I finish at the end of the year and am hoping to get work in this area. Have you done any photography lately?

I suppose there are benefits to there being just a few of us, easier to keep up with each others journeys and their details, rather than muddling people up wink

My memory is terrible lately so went back and read through your journal and noted that you had started a diploma, so glad that mentioned that you are enjoying it and that you're going to look for work in that area. Time flies though when you do a course! It's over before you know it.

It's so nice to be at a weight where you feel most comfortable, it sort of likes gives you an extra boost and then that goes on to have an impact on other areas. I know the saying is love yourself at whatever weight you are and is important thing to learn, but there is just something about being at your comfortable weight .

I'm struggling to pick up a camera, the type of photography I love is landscapes which requires an immense amount of energy, as I like remote places, often early starts and right now my energy levels are still low. Think the 3 year degree course burnt me out. I know I could do other types of photography but it just doesn't ignite the same passion in the same way.

I'm thinking of buying Lyle's book which is packed with tons of info on women. I prefer books, being able to flick through pages, write on, stick in bits of paper etc etc but the cost of shipping needs thinking about. Kindle version is cheaper but its just not the same experience if you see what I mean.

Friday was the day I achieved 15 chin ups, oh boy the 15th probably looked ugly but I was determined to get my chin above the bar. 13 was my previous best, went for 14, got it, and then thought i'm so bloody close to 15 I have to try.

See what I mean about my average resting heart rate dropping when my period starts

[Image: IMG_2650.jpg]

Normally fluctuate between 53 and 57 during the monthly cycle, this one gets messy and it usually does that when i'm tired, so time to knock the few sets of weights I do 3 times a week on the head for a week. Also this cycle was much longer at 38 days Sad things are getting worse, not better)
04-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Ugly or not, 15 chin-ups is BEAUTIFUL! Woohoo!!!

Feeling tired all the time is not easy, very demotivating, I’m not a photographer but I realize that to take nice landscape pics you need to be out early or late and remote locations involve lots of prepping. Not easy when your energy is so low.

I’m pretty bad in paying attention to how my strength level change throughout my period, but as I get older I’ve been noticing things that didn’t happen before, like ovulation pain and all sorts of symptoms around it. Almost as bad as having a painful period.

I used to say that I wouldn’t have enough time to do it, but I’m realizing that it’s not time that I need, it’s “head space”. The more things I add, sometimes the less I can do.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
06-12-2018, 02:17 PM
*looks around* quiet in here.

(06-19-2017 04:06 AM)West Wrote:  Thanks guys happy

It's just over two years since I started em2wl, today I stepped on the scales and weighed heavier than I did when I started - 73.8kg Sad It took a year to lose just over 6kg and just over 6 months to put on 9kg SadSad

I am beyond frustrated and don't know what to do.

Quoting an old post of mine from last year. Pretty sure I had an update around Oct / Nov time when my weight topped out at 74.6kg - nearly 3 kg higher than when I started my journal way back when.....

As of Monday I weighed in at 64.3kg so i've dropped a little over 10kg since end of Nov. I used my calculated TDEE and deducted 12% from that to compensate for my reduced metabolism due to BBT (for every 1 degree c below 36.55 there is a 10-15% reduction in metabolic rate.) Then I deducted my cut value. So not impossible to over come. As you know, I was on a reduced no of total sets per workout and had a rest week about every fourth week. I made my situation work for me. Some days / weeks it was really hard to hit calories because of reduced appetite but I knew what I had to do.

Still can achieve 15 chin ups, not every time but i'll get there. Now trying to improve my numbers on the regular pull up which is at 8. My pull up bar design means I can't put my hands where I naturally want to put them for the pull up movement (there is metal protruding out at the point where I want to put my hands) so Im forced to go narrower which doesn't feel quite right or wider which feels more difficult. laughing i'll just have to deal with it.

Also set a new PB in the deadlift - 3 sets of 4 @ 115kg. I have just started my first ever true strength programme 5/3/1 in which I hope I can progress further with the deadlift, my favourite lift.

Finally got an endo appointment after I put in a complaint at the hospital, Aug the 21st! So 9 months waiting. I still don't have my dexa scan results, according to them they are only up to Nov 2017 in respect of writing reports surprised at wits' endAngryAngry: I'm gonna see if I can get my file sent to private radiographer and pay for them to write the report...

Hope everyone is well happy
06-12-2018, 06:04 PM
(06-12-2018 02:17 PM)West Wrote:  *looks around* quiet in here.

(06-19-2017 04:06 AM)West Wrote:  Thanks guys happy

It's just over two years since I started em2wl, today I stepped on the scales and weighed heavier than I did when I started - 73.8kg Sad It took a year to lose just over 6kg and just over 6 months to put on 9kg SadSad

I am beyond frustrated and don't know what to do.

Quoting an old post of mine from last year. Pretty sure I had an update around Oct / Nov time when my weight topped out at 74.6kg - nearly 3 kg higher than when I started my journal way back when.....

As of Monday I weighed in at 64.3kg so i've dropped a little over 10kg since end of Nov. I used my calculated TDEE and deducted 12% from that to compensate for my reduced metabolism due to BBT (for every 1 degree c below 36.55 there is a 10-15% reduction in metabolic rate.) Then I deducted my cut value. So not impossible to over come. As you know, I was on a reduced no of total sets per workout and had a rest week about every fourth week. I made my situation work for me. Some days / weeks it was really hard to hit calories because of reduced appetite but I knew what I had to do.

Still can achieve 15 chin ups, not every time but i'll get there. Now trying to improve my numbers on the regular pull up which is at 8. My pull up bar design means I can't put my hands where I naturally want to put them for the pull up movement (there is metal protruding out at the point where I want to put my hands) so Im forced to go narrower which doesn't feel quite right or wider which feels more difficult. laughing i'll just have to deal with it.

Also set a new PB in the deadlift - 3 sets of 4 @ 115kg. I have just started my first ever true strength programme 5/3/1 in which I hope I can progress further with the deadlift, my favourite lift.

Finally got an endo appointment after I put in a complaint at the hospital, Aug the 21st! So 9 months waiting. I still don't have my dexa scan results, according to them they are only up to Nov 2017 in respect of writing reports surprised at wits' endAngryAngry: I'm gonna see if I can get my file sent to private radiographer and pay for them to write the report...

Hope everyone is well happy

Hey West, So good to hear from you. That is such great news on a few fronts. It seems we have done similar things. The chin-ups, pull-ups and weight loss. Huge congratulations to you - it sounds like it must have been difficult with everything going on for you - but you did it!! And great news about the deadlifts - you must be happy about that too. I am now around the low 64kg mark also (I am so happy about that - I fit into my clothes comfortably again). It fluctuates a bit but around there. And I am doing around 18 chin-ups now (I really need to take a weight down to the park - someone suggested that I tie a rope around my waist and I could attach a weight to that). I can do around 8-10 pull-ups too. I am sure you would be able to do more if you were able to get a comfortable position on your pull-up bar.
The medical side of things are seeming to drag so much for you - but at least they seem to be moving sort of in the right direction.
I am so happy you posted. Have a fabulous day :-)