Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Let's EAT!!!
05-20-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Let's EAT!!!
Fiona - the reason I stopped the gluten completely was because as I was "dabbling" in possibly cutting it out, it turned out that my weekly migraines disappeared. Not to mention joint pain, severe water retention (4-5 pounds overnight), lower GI issues, etc. There are a bazillion different symptoms for people but those are my main ones. I am positive I ate a significant amount unwittingly at that wedding recently and have not yet recovered. I feel like I have an extra half a person hanging on me - my arms are swollen, fingers, wrists, legs, abdomen. I'm trying to eat really cleanly now to avoid prolonging it, but it lasts for weeks.

Please be careful with your hand. Take it easy on the more difficult rep and ease back in with lots of attention to how you're feeling.

Tereza - thanks for the kudos! I'm still not motivated to dive back in to 3 workouts a week but I just keep trying to get motivated to do it. Feeling bloated and crappy doesn't help and makes me want a quick fix. But alas, quick doesn't happen. Need to just get to it instead of considering it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Bloating, migraine and joint pain relief is huge! Take it slowly, remember: baby steps. Feeling bloated isn't funny. I'm fighting a cold and it's crazy how much water I'm holding. If I didn't know that it's normal, I'd be freaking out.

I'm glad you know that quick doesn't happen wink

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
05-23-2017, 06:35 AM
They are definitely great reasons to avoid gluten. I had to quit gluten quite a few years ago also. It took me three goes because each time I quit the bad symptoms went but then I started thinking that "it couldn't have been gluten" I must have been imagining it so I would start having it again. And then each time the symptoms came back and it would take me a while to quit again!!!

I have done the same with dairy recently because I have quite a few symptoms there too. I have gone through the same process with dairy - I can't believe I can be so dumb to go back to it but - cheese is like crack to me so I have a piece and it is all over - I'm hooked and it takes me a while to want to stop again. I had a huge amount of stress for around 20 years that ended about 6 years ago so maybe that played a part in my digestion going wonky. I am working on that now too so who knows, I may be able to add some back after a time - but at the moment the symptoms are too bad to want to go back.

I will watch my hand - at the moment I am working on a huge assessment for my Counselling Diploma so having been playing a whole lot - only when I teach to show a technique, an example of a piece. I will have to be extra careful when I start again then.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling much better now and you are back to normal after the wedding.