Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hungry. Eat or stick to calorie limit?
07-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Hungry. Eat or stick to calorie limit?
I'm in the process of determining my TDEE by gradually increasing my calories. I want when I'm hungry throughout the day but what if it's towards the end of the day and I've reached my "limit" for that day. Do I try to stick at that number for consistency's sake or eat if I'm hungry?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2015, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 07:44 AM by KatiAuchinleck.)
RE: Hungry. Eat or stick to calorie limit?
That should say "I EAT when I'm hungry throughout the day"... see I was tired and starving when I wrote that! LOL

The irony of this is that @$#*! MFP had doubled my breakfast and I hadn't caught it. I still had 300 calories to eat last night and I went to bed hungry! Arghhhhhh
07-23-2015, 07:50 AM
I eat if I'm still hungry as long as it's truly food hunger versus head hunger. What I'll do is try drinking a glass of water and waiting about 15 minutes. If I'm still hungry, then I find something to eat that is healthy. Hunger is a signal that one should not ignore.

I also use the hunger scale: https://medical.mit.edu/sites/default/fi..._scale.pdf

If I am below a 3.5 then I eat. If I'm at a 4, then I probably won't eat during a cut, but might during maintenance.
07-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Eat if you are hungry, but truly hungry like mrsukyankee says. The water tip is a good one.

During reset, I was ravenous and ate well above my TDEE many days, so just from my experience, this might happen. (And I ended up ok, lol.) If you continue to have this happen after you've been through the process for awhile, I'd examine what and when you eat more closely. Is your diet low in fiber, or protein, etc. Also, I know during a cut I am more likely to be hungry and want to eat at night, so I try to eat a little lighter earlier, making sure my meals are filled with lots of veggies, so I can eat heavier at dinner and have those calories carry me through the night.
09-25-2015, 08:54 AM
I eat if I'm still hungry as long as it's truly food hunger

full service car

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What exactly does "very low calorie" mean? sheilawrites 3 1,049 01-09-2017 09:01 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  1950 and still hungry! nomoreexcuses 12 8,051 10-27-2014 04:44 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Not hungry days ?? Marie 3 2,545 03-01-2013 05:09 PM
Last Post: Lucia
  Hungry all the time Lindsey 6 5,557 02-28-2013 07:21 PM
Last Post: Lindsey
Question Not hungry Naonah 6 4,443 08-23-2012 06:57 PM
Last Post: Kiki