Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My story: an ex-Weight Watcher with Hashimoto's disease
11-22-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: My story: an ex-Weight Watcher with Hashimoto's disease
Hey Tilly, that is so exciting that you are seeing some muscles develop. And that is probably why you are seeing some of the increase in scale weight. I know you know this but muscle really does weigh more than fat - though it is still scary to see the scales grow higher. And often when we grow muscle there is a bit of water retention also which makes us weigh more and also feel a little bigger - that should go after a week - or two or three - until you increase your weights again.

How are your clothes fitting? Are they much the same?

I think you are the one who knows whether you are able to do a cut - did you see Teresa's latest comment on my thread? Sometimes you wake up and think yes it is cut time and just do it and it works really well and sometimes you can try to cut and it just doesn't happen - that has been me for the last almost 2 years - I just don't seem to be able to do it!! But at the same time I am still working out and eating well and not binging and fit my clothes - I just have around 3kgs of fat I would like to ditch!

Have a fabulous day and keep up that muscle growing :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2017, 04:46 AM
I reckon taking BCAA's will have added 2 -3lbs (maybe more) of water weight. So the 7lb gain will be inaccurate.
11-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks for cheering me on ladies!

Oh yeah I did read that BCAAs would add water weight! I mostly drink it because I hate being sore and my recovery is slow -- so a 2-day split works really well for me and I may be ready to add in a third day to work on specific areas. I was so shocked to see any growth to be honest, I really want to do a cut now to see the muscles come out to play, but worry my progress will tank if I do it. So, I decided to shave off about 100 cals ever few weeks and try and keep protein levels as high as possible. happy

My clothing is fitting a bit tighter (which is annoying) and I have learned to deal with it because fluctuations this time of year for me are the usual. I just hope I don't gain 20 pounds out of nowhere! I think I posted that exact line here like a year back? Thyroid stuff seems to be regulated, though I've not seen a doc in a LONG time. I am finding my leggings super tight in some spots, especially my calves! I also am getting some weird foot pain and worried heavy lifting is making that worse, but hope it's just temporary.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
11-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Hey Tilly!

I’m glad to hear you are being able to stick to a routine. Remember, the best exercise is always the one you can keep doing consistently. Yay on seeing progress and feeling muscles happening. Yes, protein and food combined with lifting does that wink .

No, I wouldn’t cut calories yet, if you are looking into a body recomp, don’t cut calories. A recomp involves eating at TDEE while nailing your protein and lifting, while being CONSISTENT and PATIENT. Those last two thing are the key to success.

On eating during this time of the year, a video just came out: https://youtu.be/Hpy8eBDhCDA

Also, they more you want to cut so see was happening under, the least ready you are for it: https://youtu.be/tCCJCKA8ukU

Yeah, I’m not huge on social media. I mostly use for important stuff. FB can be annoying, but also can be a great way to stay connected and share stuff. We can’t share live videos or some other cool stuff here, so we need to use other venues.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
12-03-2017, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 11:58 PM by tillymonstar.)
Tereza omg you are SO right about everything you posted a video for! I am looking for body recomp but I am also having SUCH trouble getting all my calories in and feel like I'm eat a ton of food right now. I have weird periods during my cycle, where I am just NOT hungry. It's so annoying and lol used to be what I loved when I was eating at a deficit or starving myself on weight watchers. I'd just open a diet coke and have a cigarette for dinner. Very healthy! O_o

So let's see, my TDEE is at around 2849 and I've been eating at 2264 for the last week. That's a much bigger deficit then I thought! UGH! I'll up it a bit and chill out as you mentioned. I may not even track. I mean, it is December!

Again today my hubs was mentioning how "solid" I am feeling to him and boy did that make me feel super sexy! I can't wait to see how my body continues to transform and feel like I have an awesome support system here for the journey! happy
12-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Tilly,

You are right on the solid! Tight and solid beats skinny and soft every time! Not just on how it feels, but also how it looks wink

Increase slowly, no rush. Keep doing what you are doing. Yes, it is December and things get hectic this time of the year. Stay consistent, even if it seems that you are not doing everything, it’s about the compound effect of what you do.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using my body weight to change my body weight Terrigrace 13 12,649 06-13-2013 07:17 PM
Last Post: CrystalFueled