Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Consistancy at cut
07-22-2012, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 08:04 AM by HealthyCat34.)
Consistancy at cut
Hello

Just got a fitbit and realised I need to really bump up my kcal as my daily burns are much bigger than I expected.

Im doing a 250kcal cut per day as I am using the settings on Fit bit at the mo but that means my kcal allowance can vary from 2000 on a quiet day to 2500 or more on a very busy one.

So my question is is it ok just to eat what my daily burn minus cut allows; so Monday might be 2100 and Tuesday 2500kcal or should I really stick to one average number consistantly to get the most out of my body?

Also in theory (cos Im not sure Im brave enough to try but value the advice) if Ive been fairly consistantly eating about 1650-2400 for years and my weight has stayed annoyingly constant prior to fit bit not realising my real tdee is obviously way higher 2400-2700 ish would a reset at these higher numbers help long term?

Thank you for ideas

Cat

(clean and lean 33 on MFP)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Consistancy at cut
(07-22-2012 08:02 AM)HealthyCat34 Wrote:  Hello

Just got a fitbit and realised I need to really bump up my kcal as my daily burns are much bigger than I expected.

Im doing a 250kcal cut per day as I am using the settings on Fit bit at the mo but that means my kcal allowance can vary from 2000 on a quiet day to 2500 or more on a very busy one.

So my question is is it ok just to eat what my daily burn minus cut allows; so Monday might be 2100 and Tuesday 2500kcal or should I really stick to one average number consistantly to get the most out of my body?

Also in theory (cos Im not sure Im brave enough to try but value the advice) if Ive been fairly consistantly eating about 1650-2400 for years and my weight has stayed annoyingly constant prior to fit bit not realising my real tdee is obviously way higher 2400-2700 ish would a reset at these higher numbers help long term?

Thank you for ideas

Cat

(clean and lean 33 on MFP)
Hi there. I do use a FitBit as well, but I am averaging my weekly burn. That gives a bit more consistency in your intake.

And yes, you surely would profit by doing a reset, so your body gets used to his real TDEE. For now it seems that it has chosen a lower one, due to dieting over a long period of time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply