Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Maggie's Journal
02-03-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: Maggie's Journal
Aww, sorry about the toe, but love your positive attitude! And yes, have a great weekend!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your foot! Glad you are feeling more positive about it this time. Hope you heal up quickly!

I'm feeling bummed about my foot pain and about wearing a boot, and it's only been 2 weeks! It's getting a little better, though.
02-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Hey Frosty, I feel your pain on wearing the boot! I was "booted" for 3+ months! I know how hard it can be, both physically AND mentally, so if you feel the need to vent, or need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here! But, you WILL get though this! Sh*t happens, life happens, and although it may seem devastating at the time, we somehow manage to get through. Are you able to lift at all, or are you totally benched?

On another note, I have a question for all of you: Do you eat more on the weekends?? I know that sounds silly, OF COURSE we eat more on the weekends, we socialize more, maybe we have a glass of wine/beer/drink or two. I guess my question should be: Are you HUNGRIER on the weekends? Saturdays are the only days I work out in the AM, because I work during the week so I work out mostly after work. But on Saturdays I find I'm RAVENOUS!!! For instance, today I got up and ate a good breakfast of 537 calories. Then I worked out, and came home starving, so I ate another 555 calories. And I felt nice and full and was hoping that would carry me through until dinner...but no! I took a little nap and...you guessed it...woke up STARVING! So I had a snack of about 300 calories. After I go out to dinner tonight, I know I'll be well over my 2400 calories for the day. So, what gives??? I'm blaming the AM workout. I think when I work out during the week, I basically come home, eat something, shower, and go to bed. I think the morning workout is setting me up to need more calories throughout the day, since there is so much more "day" left on a Saturday. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them! happy
02-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Maggie, I think you answered your own question. You work out in the morning and feel hungrier than you would in that time frame in different days. Rearranging your cals through out the day should help you.

Some weekends I may eat more because of social engagement, but often time, specially if I wake up later than the weekdays, my hunger pattern changes. The best way is to make your meals and calories work around your lifestyle.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
02-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the support with my foot issues! I can do my regular exercises, which right now only involve 2-3 things standing up, and the rest is on the floor or bench. So that's good, at least.

I am rarely hungry anymore! But on the handful of occasions in my life that I've done exercise in the morning, I have been hungry all day. (I never exercise in the morning, because I'm not a morning person!)

I usually shoot for about 650-700 calories for breakfast, and about the same for lunch. Dinner is more like 550, but before dinner I have a snack of around 250-300. So, that means about 1300-1400 of my calories are from breakfast and lunch. I do 2200 cals a day right now.

Maybe you could have bigger breakfast and lunch on the weekends? Hope that helps!
03-21-2017, 07:47 AM
I'm disgusted and frustrated. My weight is up and seems to be staying there. I was sick with sinus issues and haven't worked out in 2+ weeks...I'm hoping that's the reason for the increase. Either that, or I've overshot my TDEE. Dropping back down to 2300 to see what happens. Also getting back in the gym tonight and hoping for the best. I feel like I've been away from my workouts for far too long...but I was honestly completely exhausted and couldn't face working out. Also, the toe/foot issue doesn't seem to be resolving with the cortisone shot and new orthotics...which means the only other option is a surgical procedure. I feel completely beat down right now...I've been trying so hard to do the right thing and take care of my body...now I'm facing even more down time with a possible surgery. I just want to cry...I know I will get through this and these down feelings will pass, but right now they're here and I'm pissed off!
03-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Weight up AGAIN today...I'm hoping I'm just holding water from shocking my body with returning to working out after almost 3 weeks. Had to drop my weights and only did 2 sets...I struggled through it, but I did it. The first day back after an injury or illness is always the hardest, right? Still sticking at 2300, although with my weight going up, up, up I probably should be higher...I'm going to give it a week or so and see what happens. Trying not to stress but it's not easy...although I know stress will only make it worse.
03-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Going back to your workouts after an injury is challenging. Take it slowly, you will get back where you were. Be kind and patient with yourself. Your body will get there.

Drop.the.scale. Watching the weight houng up or down, for whatever reason, water retention, sodium, mass gain can create havoc in your mind. I know the reset guide tells you watch the scale, but honestly, it's just for informational reasons and data collection. Do a weekly weight in, forget about daily weight ins.

This is a snippet of a post Kelly (EM2WL Team Member and Coach) wrote this week on our FB closed group:
"The one major thing you must keep in mind with a reset, is that weight gain is likely to happen. however it is NOT the reset that is causing the gain. Its the fad diets beforehand that caused you to lose all the weight in the wrong ways, that is causing the gains now. Reset is about healing, so in order to heal, the body needs to replenish all of those things you lost on the fad diet.. Muscle is the main loss.. followed by water... and yes, some fat does make its way back. It is a neccessity to your end goal, which is fat loss, not muscle loss. If you absolutely cannot take seeing the number on the scale go up, then Please ditch the scale. It will not do your progress any good by looking at that number creep up."

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
03-23-2017, 02:20 AM
Hi Maggie,

Just wanted to say it was nice to see you posting again although I'm sorry you're still having challenges with the foot. I can relate to pain in just about any body part you care to name. Definitely just take it slow and maybe focus on some other parts of your journey right now like meeting your macro, water, or fiber goals and celebrating every step of progress.

Hugs!
03-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Thanks Hannah! I've been taking the Crushing the Diet Mentality workshop so that's kept me pretty busy and I've been focusing my time on that...but I was just feeling so low the other day that I needed to vent a little! I'm feeling better today...just hate not having a plan. I see the doctor on Tuesday, so I'll know then if it's surgery or just more waiting, waiting, waiting...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 4,732 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Anjacina's Journal Anjacina 11 8,133 03-23-2018 08:10 AM
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 73 46,166 01-31-2018 02:21 PM
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 99 72,012 12-30-2017 11:07 AM
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 19,017 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 33,199 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Getting back to me... Toki's Journal Toki18 105 73,283 11-16-2016 05:52 PM