Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Maggie's Journal
03-23-2017, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 08:37 AM by Tereza Toledo.)
RE: Maggie's Journal
Maggie, I'm glad you are feeling better today! Make sure you join the coaching call tonight. Sometimes it's ok not to have a plan, give yourself time to breath, you don't have a dead line for your journey, just keep moving, even if slowly. See you tonight!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Ugh Tereza, I can't make the call tonight...the calls are too early for me Sad I will catch the replay, though!
03-23-2017, 11:13 AM
That works, I'll be thinking of you! Have you gone through the phases lessons yet? Maybe a chill phase would be a good idea.

Team EM2WL
03-23-2017, 01:39 PM
No, not yet...I'm still a little behind from a death in the family and then getting sick...but I'm still moving forward, not standing still! Working my way through Mod 5 right now...

I can't wait to get into the phases...I think I may have been in a chill phase for the past few weeks/months because I was saying I was trying to find TDEE, but wasn't increasing my calories...lol! I told myself I was minimizing weight gain, but in reality I think I was just standing still and not doing anything...
03-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Nothing wrong in going through a chill phase, actually that's the best prescription for when life happens. Just by moving and not staying still in your journey, you are already ahead of the game. Take your time and be kind to yourself!

Team EM2WL
03-24-2017, 07:41 AM
Okay, so yesterday's workout was definitely better than Tuesdays, so I'm feeling good and looking forward to being back on a regular workout schedule! Weight still up a bit and I'm trying not to let that bother me...hoping to reverse any weight gain that happened while being sick and sedentary for almost 3 weeks. Sticking at 2300-ish and making sure that I hit my protein goal, no matter what. This weekend will be a bit of a challenge, but I will just do my best with it. Have a great weekend everyone!
04-04-2017, 10:23 AM
So it's official...foot surgery on May 26th. Feeling both dread and relief...relief that this will be taken care of, finally, once and for all. But scared of what being off my foot for a week and restricted for at least a month will do to my strength and my weight. I need to get my head straight and have a plan in place. At least I've got a few weeks to figure it out. Hopefully after the first week my doc will okay me to go back to lifting, as long as I don't bear weight on the foot (i.e., sitting on machines). Not ideal, for sure, but definitely better than the alternative, which would be no lifting at all. If anyone has any ideas/thoughts/suggestions, I'd love to hear them...
04-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Yes on being glad that it is going to be taken care off. Make the first week (or first two weeks, if you need) official rest weeks. No formal workouts, just focus on healing and feeling better. Than you go back to working out according to what the doctor says. You will not lose your strength or muscle, but if you get back too soon you could make the injury worse and then end up staying away from lifting for even longer.

Team EM2WL
04-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking a week of basically sitting on my butt means I should drop my calories, at least to match my daily calorie expenditure...your thoughts on that, Tereza? I'm now between 2350 and 2400 and I'm really feeling like that's too high for me lately, although it's exactly what the calculator says. I feel confusion setting in...DM rearing its ugly head for sure!
04-05-2017, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 08:42 AM by West.)
I agree with Teresa, in resting up for as long as possible, don't jeopardise the future by rushing back. I remember when I broke my elbow and required an operation which put me out of action for 6 weeks. (Be thankful you're only going to be out of action for short period.) I was absolutely gutted in how it came about (my own doing, eating very little and exercising to exhaustion caused an accident) but the 6 weeks gave me time to reflect and make some changes to diet /exercise routines. What was even harder to deal with was how weak my arm had become, it was like starting from scratch, which led to a lot of frustration on my part. To this day it still feels weaker.

As for food, i'd just try go intuitively rather than hitting a specific number, naturally it will be less calories than you are currently eating due to lack of activity. I wasn't sure when I went to NZ how it would pan out, but just went with the flow and it was more or less right. Trust your natural instincts, you hunger cues etc and i'm sure it will be fine. And don't stress over it as you know what stress does..... happy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 4,732 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Anjacina's Journal Anjacina 11 8,124 03-23-2018 08:10 AM
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 73 46,162 01-31-2018 02:21 PM
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 99 72,009 12-30-2017 11:07 AM
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 19,017 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 33,193 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Getting back to me... Toki's Journal Toki18 105 73,282 11-16-2016 05:52 PM