Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A well nourished journey
03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: A well nourished journey
Good to hear from you, Jamie!
I'm sorry to hear about your back injury. I'm glad you are working into strengthening it again, though. How do you like YOAYOG? It seems to be a great program!

Sometimes I pull a muscle, tweak something and usually it's not at the gym. But I
I've had less muscle pulls and nerve injuries since I started included a few mobility moves and started being more diligent with stretching after workouts.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2017, 09:20 PM
So I woke up this morning barely able to stand up! Sad. I wish I could work with a trainer to ease into working out. I haven't done any weight training in well over 5 years.

I also binged today. I tried cutting from 2300 to 2000 calories yesterday. Also, I didn't eat enough this morning. Maybe I'm not ready for a cut. I also tend to think of eating as an inconvenience. It is just one more thing to do so I don't eat enough then binge on junk. I keep all kinds of food in the house because I have 4 kids. Some are picky and the older ones are active in sports.

If anyone has suggestions on easing into working out that would be great. Twice now I've gotten 2 workouts into YAYOG and ended up with my back hurting. I have adjustable dumbells and a small barbell.

I do stretch. I actually am a HUGE Katy Bowman fan and I do her alignment snacks (which are stretching videos).

[/font][/font]Jamie
03-07-2017, 11:07 PM
I am also in the process of weaning off a SSRI. I was able to do 5 mg reductions down to 5 mg with no significant problems. The last 5 mg was terrible so I've had to back up and reduce 1 mg at a time. I just did another reduction this past weekend so today would be about when the withdrawals are hitting. I'm not sure how that affects this whole process but I do know it makes me super tired.

Oh and being barely able to stand up was not muscle soreness. It is my back. My psoas tightens up on me.

[/font][/font]Jamie
03-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Lots of stuff going on right now, eh?

On the psoas, the best suggest I can make is using a foam roller and do it daily with a little stretching, warming up or after a walk. Losing up tense, sore muscle in other areas can help.

SSRI weaning in itself is a big stressor, physically and mentally.

Who would thing that eating is actually such a hassle, right? But I feel you and the whole fetching for groceries, prepping, cleaning up, specially dealing with different tastes, needs and expectations can be a huge challenge (that's my world as well).

Don't try to change it all at once. Don't try to make it all perfect and don't wait until every thing is perfect to start. Work on one thing at a time, take baby steps, break each and every step into smaller steps and move on. Those small steps will add up and become what will change everything. Time will pass anyway, if you try to grab everything at once or a little bit a a time. But if you try everything at once, you will quit and end up either going backwards or staying in place, whilst if your take small steps forward you will keep going.

When we run out of willpower, we go back to habits, good or bad. So start little, make every little change into a habit before moving to the next. Choose one thing, workouts, eats, weaning of your meds and focus on that one only for a while. When you master that one, go for another and so on.
Baby steps! http://eatmore2weighless.com/set-your-se...r-success/

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
03-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Sorry about your back! You could try a hip flexor stretch . . . I do one by putting one knee on a pillow and then the other leg is bent at 90 degrees. Then very gently push the hips forward and ease forward into a stretch, and hold for 30 seconds.

That's excellent that you are weaning off the meds! Take things as slow as you need to.

Hmm, are there any body weight exercises you could start with, and then add weights later as you get used to exercising? You would still be working muscles, but with less load. Just a thought!
03-10-2017, 11:39 PM
I don't know why I don't get emails when someone replies. I hit subscribe and receive email notifications previously. Hmmm

I have done some stretching and rolling on a ball to loosen my psoas (Kind like Jill Miller's corageous ball from yoga tune up). I've been able to walk the pup and do a few body weight squats and push ups.

For now I will keep calories where they are at 2300, continue walking, which I've been doing for about a year, and do some body weight squats and push ups. I'm close to being off my meds but I won't change anything else for now.

It is so tempting to want to do more but....baby steps.

[/font][/font]Jamie
03-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Sounds like you have a plan! Yes, baby steps are best!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joy In The Journey Sunshine44 8 65 Today 06:30 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Carley's journey Original_Beauty 264 16,315 03-27-2017 08:19 PM
Last Post: sheilawrites
  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step -- Lao Tzu hannah77 279 20,842 03-23-2017 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  kathy's journey kathy 8 1,145 08-26-2016 09:24 PM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Liane's new journey forward mrsukyankee 489 155,821 06-21-2016 08:38 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
Wink The Start of My New Journey Candi 141 13,180 05-23-2016 06:55 AM
Last Post: Candi
  Rebekah's EM2WL Journey Rebekah 15 2,225 04-06-2016 08:31 AM
Last Post: emma
  Journey to Hope mjj79 57 13,344 12-07-2015 06:25 PM
Last Post: tillymonstar
  Katie's Journey from Low Cal Diets and Binging to Health! kfbattle 11 3,315 09-03-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Jeanette's Journey merrickj 8 3,968 06-14-2015 02:01 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee