Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions........
07-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Suggestions........
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I stop feeling strain in my wrist when Im lifting more than 20lbs? Ive tightened my lifting gloves, it helps some... and I try not to grip the weights tightly........any other suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: Suggestions........
I'm experiencing the same thing now that I'm lifting heavier too. I really have to pay attention to how I'm holding my wrists when I'm lifting. Try to pay attention to how tightly you're gripping the weights. Other than that, I'm hoping the strain will go away with time as my forearms and wrists get stronger.

Helene big grin
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
(07-23-2012 12:58 PM)twinmomtwice4 Wrote:  I'm experiencing the same thing now that I'm lifting heavier too. I really have to pay attention to how I'm holding my wrists when I'm lifting. Try to pay attention to how tightly you're gripping the weights. Other than that, I'm hoping the strain will go away with time as my forearms and wrists get stronger.

Im so happy its not just me, I did better today and Im wishing for the same thing! Thanks for you response! happy
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
For me it is time...the forearms do get stronger. I remember holding 30lb dumbbells were a serious strain but now no problem.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
I haven't experienced the strain too much, but I do get extremly sore forearms afterwards.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fitness Tracker Suggestions MaryJo 0 1,994 11-21-2015 11:03 PM
Last Post: MaryJo