Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Yasmine's Journal
10-28-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Yasmine's Journal
Hey, just wondering if you're back from your trip and how it went?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2016, 12:40 AM
Hi, yes I'm back and my weight has maybe gone a bit up. But as it is TOM I don't know for sure. The weight was around 134 lbs. During the trip I never counted calories, I did not even try to estimate. I just enjoyed but kept in mind not to overeat too often. We had one or two glasses of wine almost every evening. So if I had to guess I think I was eating between 2000 and 2500 calories. But it's been so long that I did not count, that I totally enjoyed not to have this inner stress to count. I couldn't imagine that this would be possible again after my anorexia. Maybe it has to do with a hypnosis I did some weeks ago...
After the holydays I went back to eat 1700 cal a day. I just wasn't courageous enough to eat more after such a long time of eating more. And I have not done one workout in the 14 days. So I started to work out again this week and I feel, that I'm in a worse condition than before. But I think this will change soon.
10-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Good job on enjoying your trip! You mind and body sure will thank you!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
11-03-2016, 01:44 AM
Update:
Today my weight is at 133 lbs/ 60.2 kg. So I might go up woth the calories again. I don't know why I always fall back to 1700-1800.
Do you have a trick to get over a limit like this? My workout plan at the moment is a bit less than how it used to be. I try to work out 3 times a week with the 90 day challenge written by Mark Lauren. And next week the step aerobic with body workouts will start a again, once a week. But at the moment I feel good with a bit less workouts.
11-03-2016, 02:18 PM
A good idea to pack more calories without feeling it as much is to change low fat and fat free versions of anything to full fat versions. Eating cheese, got for the regular one. Same for yogurt and milk. Add some nuts and avocado, use the yolk of the eggs, not just the whites. Sprinkle some nuts over your salad. It will depend on what you are actually eating. you could add a small snack through out the day or if you make protein shakes, you could use milk instead of water.

Good to hear that you are feeling well with less workouts, your body will definitely appreciated less stress. You are doing great!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
11-17-2016, 01:20 AM
Update:
I am eating 1800 kcal a day. at least this is my weekly average. My weight has gone a little up, it's now 61 kg/ 134 lbs.
Should I up the calories again or wait if my weight goes down again a bit?
Workouts are good at the moment. But I'm not sure if I'm getting stronger...
Sometimes I'm feeling so sad because I did it all wrong in my recovery. If I would have eaten more at the bginning of the recovery everything would be easier now.
11-17-2016, 01:58 AM
How long have you been eating 1800 calories? If just a week or two, based on your history, I would stick to 1800 until you trend back down a little. Are you weighing everyday or only once a week? Is your activity/work-out schedule pretty consistent? How are your macros? Are you using any trend apps (which would require you to weigh daily)?

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I don't think it is necessarily true that if you had eaten more at the beginning, everything would be easier now. If you had been able to eat more, you would have, but not only does your body have to heal...your emotions and mind and spirit as well. You found EM2WL at the time you were supposed to find it. Patience...the results will come, maybe in a different order than you are expecting.
11-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Thank you very much for your supportive words, Hannah! This helps very much. And also reading all the other journals is very helpful.

I think it's been at least 3 weeks that I ate around 1800 kcal. I'm tracking on a website called fddb, maybe it's a german program . There I can't go back too far and I don't see a weekly average.
Usually I weigh two days of the week in a row and calculate the average. I try to do it far away from the weekends because there I eat different and drink some wine what could distort my weight. I don't use a trend app because I don't have a wifi scale. My workout schedule is pretty consistent. Usually I workout four times a week, but never on the weekends. Weekends are quite different from the other days, dor my mels and for the acitivity level and also for sleeping time.
11-17-2016, 09:09 PM
You don't need a wifi scale to use a trend app. I use both Libra (Android) and Trendweight ( computer) and manually enter weight. For Trendweight, you would have to set up a Fitbit account (don't need to have a Fitbit) and Trendweight sucks the data in from your account. Think it could be really helpful for you.
11-17-2016, 09:41 PM
I agree with Hannah...she and West convinced me to start using TrendWeight 8 weeks ago, and I absolutely LOVE it!! Check it out and think about maybe giving it a shot...if you don't like it, you can always just stop using it, but I'd say at least give it a chance!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 67 6,006 09-18-2017 02:43 PM
Last Post: kcmsmith0405
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 545 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 8,115 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 306 44,904 04-13-2017 02:41 PM
Last Post: kcmsmith0405